Help on boarding the Ecstasy in Galveston

gary2835

We are new to Carnival and would like to know what it is like to board the Ecstasy from Galveston. We have always sailed from the RCI terminal, and would like to know:

What is the best time to show up?

What can we expect in the terminal as to possible wait times in lines? Walking is no problem, but standing for long times is a problem, don't ask me why, but it is.

And tell us anything else that might be helpful.

We will be arriving by cab, so parking will not be a problem.

Thanks

Carnival terminal is very similar to RCCL terminal. There is a bit of waiting in line to have your documents and passport checked, and go through security. Then you go to another "cattle pen" area to get your Seapass card, etc. We didn't find it to be any worse/better just more of the same ol' - same ol' when boarding a ship.

It is crowded from the word "GO"--noon to sailing time. A little unorganized at the luggage drop off, but waiving a tip around seems to cure that pretty quickly. :rolleyes: Most would probably say arriving the later the better, because everyone wants to get on board first, so let the crazies fight it out. Suit yourself there. If you were parking a car I'd say definitely arrive early, because there's fairly limited parking in unorganized lots. But no car = no problem! :D

You will no doubt enjoy your cruise!

We are new to Carnival and would like to know what it is like to board the Ecstasy from Galveston. We have always sailed from the RCI terminal, and would like to know:

What is the best time to show up?

What can we expect in the terminal as to possible wait times in lines? Walking is no problem, but standing for long times is a problem, don't ask me why, but it is.

And tell us anything else that might be helpful.

We will be arriving by cab, so parking will not be a problem.

Thanks

We've sailed The Ecstasy several times because we live 40 min. from the port and it's an easy 4 day weekend getaway. We usually get there about 11:00 - 11:30. Only had to wait in long lines once and I think it was because there were 6 buses full of people that pulled up were all in line at the same time! It's never been too bad and I think it's because it's a smaller ship and you just don't have the numbers of people.

Archived