a wedding for you?

I will be getting married on carnival destiny in the port of key west and Im working with a wedding for you through carnival. has anyone ever dealt with them? I see alot of people on here had the wedding experience, are a wedding for you and the wedding experience the same thing?

I am also working with A Wedding For You (I'm getting married on the Carnival Pride in November, it sails out of Baltimore). My wedding coordinator is Patty Wallen patty@aweddingforyou dot com She's been really great! I first spoke with her on the phone a few months ago for about a half hour and she gave me some very detailed information. I've emailed her several times and she always writes back right away and sends attachments, pictures, etc. She told me she's been coordinating weddings for over 30 years and she loves her job.

I don't know if you can request her or if your wedding coordinator will depend on where you're sailing from. But if you can work with Patty, I recommend her. She's really helped to calm my anxieties!

Ive gotten emails from the carnival wedding department and its from coordinator Paula Boykin. Do you know if the coordinator from a wedding for you will be the coordinator at your wedding or is it the one that carnival has for that specific ship?

You'll actually have a few coordinators...Here's who I'm working with:

-My Carnival wedding coordinator is Sajay Martinez-Garcia. She works for the Carnival wedding department and she answers all of my questions on the boarding procedures, ceremony and reception room, food, what's allowed for favors on board, general wedding questions, etc.

-My A Wedding For You coordinator, Patty, answers any questions I have about the ceremony specifically---the officiant, the program (for instance, I asked her about having a sand ceremony, which she approved), the flower upgrades, etc.

-Sajay and Patty are in FL and I'm in MD, so I won't even be working with them on the actual wedding day. I won't meet the "day of coordinator" until we board the ship on the wedding day. Patty and Sajay will be responsible for organizing things with the day of coordinator and sending her my information. Also, when we board, the day of coordinator will also take care of putting my items in place (i.e., my cake topper, programs, favors, flower petals, etc.)

It was really confusing to me at first but now I think I get it :D Just be sure to keep copies of every email and take notes when you have phone calls...Get everything in writing! One thing I'm worried about is getting to the port on the wedding day and finding out that some message didn't get relayed. But I am diligently saving every piece of communication!

I worked with A Wedding for You when we were married on the Miracle in NY last year. The company you get depends on the location of the wedding. I also spoke with Patty, but my coordinator the day of the wedding was Ayesha from A Wedding for You. You also have the coordinator with the Carnival wedding department AND when you get on the ship, you'll have ANOTHER Carnival wedding coordinator.

Archived