Cabin Age Limits

My Dad booked a cruise for our family in August on the Elation, but I have a little problem! My parents planned it like this, My 2 older brothers, 19 and 15, and I, 14, will be in cabin R239, and my parents, well above 25, and my little brother, 5, will be in cabin R246, right across the corridor. Will that work?. I;m asking because I heard that there has to be at least one 25 year old in each cabin. If not, how can we bypass this ruling? It would be a bummer to have to share a room with one of my parents!

no worries! you'll be just fine as long as the cabin is right across the corridor as you noted!

as long as kids are close or next to their parents' / guardians' cabin, it's not a problem!

enjoy your cruise! :)

We had the same arrangement last year on the Inspiration. Our 13 and 17 yr olds had the inside across from us. It was good for all. Besides having 2 bathrooms, it was wonderful to see the mess in their cabin and not have to care about it.

R239 and R246 are not near each other at all. One cabin is on one side and the other on the other side of the ship. I'd make sure your family knows that. Here's the deck plan.

http://www.carnival.com/Deck_Plan.aspx?shipCode=EL&icid=CC_Carnival%20Elation_175

Legend is right. That wide white area is not a hallway. The hallways are the little narrow white areas on either side of the ship.

You are on opposite sides of the ship.:eek:

As long as it's OK with Carnival I don't see it being a big deal at your ages.

Bill

When you get on board, all you have to do is have the guest serivce folks change the adults into one room. We did this three years ago. What we did this year was left my sister's Sail and Sign attached to the room the girls stayed in and just had an extra key made for each room, and the people who were swapped out just used those keys to get in their rooms. Then we had an extra key for both rooms.

Archived