Purchasing a Barcelona Card????

My friend & I have 2 pre-nites booked in Barcelona in May 2011 prior to our 12 nite Med. Cruise. In researching our Ports of Call, I ran across something called the Barcelona Card that I'm curious about. Has anyone invested in a Barcelona Card & if so do you feel it's worthwhile? A 2-day pass is apparently 27 Euros PP. Supposedly you can receive free bus transportation and some free rail transportation along with discounts of 20% to 50% on some attractions. Is this a good deal?? Any input will be appreciated!!

For most visitors a T10 Travelcard will be a better deal. The Barcelona Card might be a better deal if you are planning on visiting several of the discounted attractions, but it is still doubtful that it will really save you any money over a T10 and simply paying normal admission prices.

Thanks for your reply! I had looked into the T10 card also. The website for the Barcelona Card wasn't specific about all the attractions they discount. It did say 50% off the Picasso Museum and 20% off several (La Sagrada Familia, I think). I guess I was thinking of the transportation costs too, but I notice the T10 is only 7.85 Euros and the Barcelona Card is 27 Euros for a 2-day pass. Maybe it'll work just saying 'I'm a Senior' at some of the attractions as some have suggested.

If anyone has invested in one of the Barcelona Cards previously, please give me a review of what it covers. Thanks again. :)

Thanks for your reply! I had looked into the T10 card also. The website for the Barcelona Card wasn't specific about all the attractions they discount. It did say 50% off the Picasso Museum and 20% off several (La Sagrada Familia, I think). I guess I was thinking of the transportation costs too, but I notice the T10 is only 7.85 Euros and the Barcelona Card is 27 Euros for a 2-day pass. Maybe it'll work just saying 'I'm a Senior' at some of the attractions as some have suggested.

If anyone has invested in one of the Barcelona Cards previously, please give me a review of what it covers. Thanks again. :)

http://www.barcelona-card.com/?gclid=COa9qeabyKICFQO7sgodRHyl6g

If you like museums as attractions, I found the Articket to be a better value than the Barcelona Card. For 22 Euros, it is free admission to 7 museums including:

Picasso, MNAC, MAACBA, La Pedrera, Miro and Tapies,

The most important benefit to me was the ability to skip the long and tedious entry lines by going directly to the 'group' entrance for all of the museums. I also appreciated visiting museums I would have otherwise skipped, like the small but interesting Fundacio Antoni Tapies.

Many of the attractions listed on the Barcelona Card have pretty nominal fees anyway- like a couple of Euro, so they are really using the B-Card as an advertisement to get people to visit those smaller museums.

The nice thing about the T10 is that you can share the tickets with your friend, so only one expenditure of 7.85 vs. the 54 euros for 2 Barcelona Cards. If you enjoy walking and being outdoors (which Barcelona is a great city for) you probably won't have time for more than a few of the attractions that the Barcelona Card offers discounts for.

With a longer stay and more time to devote to the attractions covered by the card (along with the lower per day cost) it might be worthwhile.

I am a bit confused. Is the T-10 card solely for transportation? I went to the website that that is what I understood.

We will be in Barcelona all day Sat, Sun & Mon (a national holiday!). Will the t-10 cover all 3 days? We plan to walk and take transportation when necessary (Guell Park, etc.)

I have never bought a "discount card" during my travels. I find that the time limit and discounts usually don't warrant it.

I am a bit confused. Is the T-10 card solely for transportation? I went to the website that that is what I understood.

We will be in Barcelona all day Sat' date=' Sun & Mon (a national holiday!). Will the t-10 cover all 3 days? We plan to walk and take transportation when necessary (Guell Park, etc.)

I have never bought a "discount card" during my travels. I find that the time limit and discounts usually don't warrant it.[/quote']

Yes, T10 is transportation only. Basically, it covers 10 rides. That will be either too many, too few or just depending on your travels. :) As mentioned, you can share the ticket and can always buy another one if you are toing and froing a lot.

Ottocal mentioned the Articket. check out http://www.barcelonaturisme.com/Articket-Barcelona/_vf-SMlY1yItM-U_l9RgLJoJPG-BcW4K5Nh9zolHzbfF6xYQxS2pJAEq0BJwHfaFHYoLhWKwg9i8r8iCTJ2th_VgaRgkBwQvjey_aQ3zlO5E

When in Barcelona, I always visit the Miro museum, but only occasionally the others included in the card, but if several on the list interest you , this is a good deal.

Archived