One family's answer to the bathroom...

PokerDave

Going to be 4 of us ( DW, DD-19, DS-15 ) in a family balcony. We've had a meeting and decided how to approach this.

Curtain should be fine for us for modesty.

We are going to designate where each of us will touch the curtain for the noro-virus concerns.

Now, the noise/smell issue was harder. We've decided to make it a contest. Prizes for both noise and odor. Bonus points if you can clear the room!!! :eek::eek::eek:

My money's on me... :D:D:D

Going to be 4 of us ( DW, DD-19, DS-15 ) in a family balcony. We've had a meeting and decided how to approach this.

We are going to designate where each of us will touch the curtain for the noro-virus concerns.

Now, the noise/smell issue was harder. We've decided to make it a contest. Prizes for both noise and odor. Bonus points if you can clear the room!!! :eek::eek::eek:

LMAO...At least you and your family are having a sense of humor about the bathrooms...glad to see that!!!!

So what will the prizes be??? Your going to have to make them good..especially if you are going to put your money on yourself for winning. Make it something your really like..lol

Errrrrrm IF there is Norovirus on the curtain it will make no difference where you touch it. Germs spread rapidly.

We're not going to use the curtain

Errrrrrm IF there is Norovirus on the curtain it will make no difference where you touch it. Germs spread rapidly.

Hadn't considered that germs could traverse a curtain... perhaps so although that would seem a challenge...

While we're on curtains... surely NCL would have already chimed in about their curtains if they were like the below, but certainly there is no reason they couldn't go to something like this at some point if they haven't already...

Antimicrobial and antibacterial curtains have been developed that are pretreated to prevent the growth of bacteria, molds and harmful fungi. They are stain resistant and allow for ease of care. These types of curtains are typically used in hospitals and significantly reduce the spread of harmful bacteria and germs.

Bioactive curtains are manufactured using Trevira CS Bioactive, a flame-resistant fiber, that also has additional antimicrobial properties. These privacy curtains are Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified, meaning they are fully resistant to allergic reactions and skin irritations of any sort.

Now, the noise/smell issue was harder. We've decided to make it a contest. Prizes for both noise and odor. Bonus points if you can clear the room!!! :eek::eek:

My money's on me... :D:D

LOVE this!! Too funny. We may just have to do this in August. :rolleyes:

Hadn't considered that germs could traverse a curtain... perhaps so although that would seem a challenge...

While we're on curtains... surely NCL would have already chimed in about their curtains if they were like the below, but certainly there is no reason they couldn't go to something like this at some point if they haven't already...

Antimicrobial and antibacterial curtains have been developed that are pretreated to prevent the growth of bacteria, molds and harmful fungi. They are stain resistant and allow for ease of care. These types of curtains are typically used in hospitals and significantly reduce the spread of harmful bacteria and germs.

Bioactive curtains are manufactured using Trevira CS Bioactive, a flame-resistant fiber, that also has additional antimicrobial properties. These privacy curtains are Oeko-Tex Standard 100 certified, meaning they are fully resistant to allergic reactions and skin irritations of any sort.

As long as you don't lick the curtain yu'll be ok is my guess.

Oh and wash your hands after plus regular squirts of antibacterial gel and all will be well.

NCL has announced that the movie "Outbreak" will be playing on a loop on Channel 18 in all cabins.

My parents have just returned from a Med Cruise on P&O Oceana where one of the afternoon lectures was about what REALLY happened to the Titanic !!

My money's on me... :D

Go Da-ve...go Da-ve! :p:o

Actually viruses are sessile and can't reproduce outside of an infected host cell. They're just chunks of DNA or RNA. So no they won't spread on the curtain.

So only one of the four of you can use the sink-shower-toilet facilities at a time? Will take you quite a while to get ready for the day or for bed.

So only one of the four of you can use the sink-shower-toilet facilities at a time? Will take you quite a while to get ready for the day or for bed.

DW and I can multi-task... I'm sure the kids will want the behind the curtain space to themselves for either activity... and the sink is on the other side of the curtain and so always available...

LOL!!! Leave a bottle of Purell Hand Sanitizer in the toilet compartment. Bring latex gloves if you need to touch the curtain. icon10.gif

We are also a family of four sharing a family balcony room. On previous cruises I would send my poor devoted husband to the closest public restroom if he had to really use the restroom and since he is so great he would go without any complaint. I'm sure on our cruise in November he will volunteer since we have two teenage daughters that would be horrified if they had to be in a stinky room.

DW and I can multi-task... I'm sure the kids will want the behind the curtain space to themselves for either activity... and the sink is on the other side of the curtain and so always available...

LMAO!! I wondered how long it would be before someone posted about additional uses for the sink....:eek:

Channel 21 - the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles :D :D

Simple solution to germs pack a small can of Lysol spray curtain and any other part of the cabin which concerns you upon arrival. Wow why is everyone so worried about the bath situation. Do you not stay in a hotel as a family. If you do you are used to cramped quarters and should like the separated set up. If not then splurge for a second room and be done with it.

Have the kids get ready first then leave the room or guys first then guys what ever it is a cruise relax and have a cocktail while you wait for everyone else to arrive at dinner.

LMAO!! I wondered how long it would be before someone posted about additional uses for the sink....:eek:

Channel 21 - the campfire scene from Blazing Saddles :D :D

I think you and I are going to get along very well! My mom fondly remembers Blazing Saddles as the first movie my sister and I ever sat all the way through as kids, and I picked it up on dvd when it came out so that we could have a good laugh whenever we want - and no surprise, my daughter sat through it, too! ha ha ha She LOVES the campfire scene... and no doubt will be in fierce competition with her dad to 'win the award'... I'm out of the running, though, cuz my s**t doesn't stink. :p

On our last Alaska cruise on the Pearl, we went to the Titanic museum in Victoria. Very interesting. We were, however, kind enough not to parade around the Pearl in Titanic T-shirts! Some people are already nervous nellies. :)

going to be 4 of us ( dw, dd-19, ds-15 ) in a family balcony. We've had a meeting and decided how to approach this.

My money's on me... :d:d:d

 funny

Archived