Can my Steward bring me a hair dryer on Fasc?

TnMama

Hello. Ive searched,and found no for sure answers. Im on Fascination next week and was wondering about hair dryers. I know they dont come on this class ship. But Im traveling with only a carryon,and dont want to bring mine. Can my Room Steward bring me on for the duration of my cruise.

thanks!!!

It is hit or miss.......if one is available. If you want to take that chance...go for it. Personally I always take my own because even if you

are lucky enough to get one......they suck!

I have a travel hairdryer that folds up real small and fits anywhere. Go check them out.

Personally I wouldn't chance it. If you feel you will need a hair drier, I would highly recommend taking one with you. I have very thick, nearly waist long hair, I carry a small travel size and it does just fine on all my hair. I bought it many years ago so sorry I can't recommend where to purchase it, but it fold up and and isn't too much larger than a can of soda when packed.

we were on the Fasciantion in May. They did not have hair dryers in the cabin. I asked our cabin steward if he could bring me one and he did and left it with me for two days even though I told him I wouldn't be needing it anymore. They do what every they can if you just ask.

I asked a vet today who sailed on Inspiration ,and she told me to bring my own too. Ive got one for travel that works well, I just didnt want to use the space. But I guess I will,even if I have to carry the small thing in my back pack. I dont want to take a chance.

Thanks for all the replies and tips!:D

When we were on the Freedom I brought my own hairdryer BUT I could not use it because as you know the room has only 1 plug...Well the way my hairdryer plug is (its a small square box with those safety buttons?) anyhow....the way they have the ONLY outlet by the desk is that there was no way to be able to plug it in and believe me I tried and I ended up resorting to the hairdryer on the ship in the drawer which was even a bigger pain in the you-know-what because to keep the hairdryer on you had to hold a button in the entire time and it took forever to dry my hair :(

Soooo, when we go in March on the Fascination I will be smuggling an extention cord to use with my hairdryer because if their borrowed one is anything like the one on the freedom :rolleyes:

In the past I had always brought my own, but with the luggage requirements I have stopped bringing one on my last few cruises. There's are not as good, but they are convient so if I don't have to bring one I would prefer not to.

Wow, I thought they all came with them. Does anyone know if Victory has one in the room?

Worst hairdryer I have every used and I'm not picky. Bring your own.

I am fine with the ones on the Spirit and Conquest class ships - they are like a regular hotel hairdryer except you have to hold the button down. On the Victory,they are a large contraption on the wall of the bathroom with a hose on it. The hose gets hot as Hades and burns your hand yet no hot air seems to come out of the hose at the end. :confused:

I was on the Facsination in February. I went to guest services when I got on the ship to ask for one. They told me to ask my room steward.

I did and he brought me one. It was much better than the ones built in on the Spirit class ships.

My only problem is that it disappeared the last night of the cruise and I had to brrow it again the last morning.

Archived