Likelyhood of price drop?

Mrs.C05

I was wondering if anyone noticed a trend or not of when prices drop or if maybe certain decks/rooms drop more than others. Like if prices dropped closer to the cruise or randomly; If interior rooms got more price drops because they'll upgrade them to OV or Balcony just to get the intrerior room vacant to sell.

I'd love to get a price drop since I booked ES and I hear everyone talk about getting them, lol!

Hope I don't get flamed for this....

I can't figure it out. My cruise went down a little and then as soon as early saver expired, it went down significantly with Senior rates, then one day Senior rates were just gone. No rhyme or reason to me. I just check all the time. And we book interior rooms all the time.

Good luck with your price drops!

I think it is some marketing and accounting formula on number of cabins and categories sold by a certain timeframe before the ship sets sail.

Our Christmas cruise which my PVP didn't think would do anything but go up has been more actively going down - yeah. He thought our September one would have more price drops and it only had two before final payment and now cat sold out.

Lots of people would like to know the answer to that! In February, I booked my cruise for December (8E). Since then, it's gone down and up and down, stayed steady for about the last month, then went up again today. :confused:

Just last week, I booked a cruise for next April (8B). Today it went up nearly $300 (for the cabin) :eek: and then dropped back down a few hundred dollars a couple of hours later. :rolleyes:

I only know that my PVP said to be sure and watch the rates when Early Saver drops off and again at 30 days before sailing.

If you figure it out, please let me know!

I was under the impression that price drops seem to occur at 90 then 45 then 30 before the cruise date, I don't know how true it is, but there's a popular site with a 90 day ticker for just that reason...

I don't think that is true, at least for one of my cruises, I have received price drops three weeks in a row.

Archived