how does princess compare to ncl?

maryivo

AS far as we're concerned there is no comparison. NCL's anytime dining is terrible. We had long waits on a crowded staircase to get seated and the wait staff were unpleasant and the food was just as bad. There was constant hawking for bingo, pull tabs and beer purchases. Princess is a more refined experience. The food, we find is among the best we've experienced after years of cruising. We enjoy the afternoon tea and the quiet during the sea days. Princess, however does fall short in the entertainment area. NCL does do a better job at that, but I'm still sticking to Princess.

Coffee is syrup to serve 10,000 cups a day and that is made by Starbucks so it is premium coffee. As the Matre D tells us the wait for a cup of coffee if brewed from beans would be a lower service time & watered down. The computer mixes the syrup with the boiled water for a perfect cup of coffee & I agreed that the flavor of just black was like a $5 cup at a coffee house. I add a few drops of cream to it & it was wonderful.

Better drush your teeth and grab your mouthwash as you were just fed a load of bull!

The coffee syrup is pretty nasty stuff and that is a fact. Before bringing up the age old "taste is subjective" retort, keep in mind that if the taste was wonderful, land based resteraunts and resorts would be serving it, while saving $.

Princess serves it because it is cheaper, plain and simple. CCL has NO problem brewing up fresh coffee in the MDR. In fact, they'll serve you (at no extra cost) an espresso or capuccino!

Archived