Waving to the Epic

hftmrock

Here's the media news release:

10 a.m.

Norwegian ``Epic,'' claimed to be the largest ship to ever dock in New York, arrives for inaugural celebration; Pier 88, Manhattan Cruise Terminal, 711 12th Ave.

--7:45 a.m. to 8 a.m. _ Ship sails under Verrazano Bridge.

I asked on the NCL travel agent board what time the Epic would come in because I was going to go to Shore Road in Brooklyn to watch it come under the VZ but they told me midnight. I am disheartened to know I could have seen it.

NCL travel agent???? Why not just go to the Norwegian Epic stalker thread on this forum, weve been chatting about it all day!

I asked on the NCL travel agent board what time the Epic would come in because I was going to go to Shore Road in Brooklyn to watch it come under the VZ but they told me midnight. I am disheartened to know I could have seen it.

Should have checked here... some of the folks onboard shared what the Captain told them yesterday.

Also, really surprised they would say midnight - as she would have done her first docking in the middle of the night, including the offload of the lifeboats.

I am watching the Epic pass by from my window at work right now...

Kinda wish I was on it...

I think I would have a hard time working where I could see cruise ships coming and going! What a teaser! Maybe you get 'desensitized' to it eventually....

yeah, I am probably a bit desensitized... I overlook the water and see boats, cruiseships and everything else in the water all the time. In fact... kinda staring out the window now .. (While I eat lunch)

Archived