first time on a cruise

dudley dennis

I think you can have tea/coffee even breakfast delivered, but there is also tea coffee making facilities, kettle etc. in the cabin, so we have never bothered. I much prefer to go up for breakfast and sit in the open air, weather permitting.

Yes you can have room service breakfast delivered like in a hotel you put the card out on the cabin door the night before ticking your requests (no cooked though unless in a suite). Yes you also have a tea/coffee making tray with ample biscuits topped up twice a day so you can make drinks anytime you want in your cabin. Tea/Coffee on its own is not delivered with room service and is only served with a breakfast. We always have roomservice breakfast on a port day when we have a early start, it acts as a good wake up call, and saves time going down to the ss restaurant or main restaurant for breakfast.

That long advice from Rum Rat was just the ticket. Perfect for advice. However, the cabin stewards on P&O don't normally ask what time you want to get up or offer tea and coffee (not Artemis, Aurora or Oceana anyway that I went on ....). Either order tea/coffee on room service (it's free) or just wander up to the buffet, or make your own in the cabin.

Yes, the 1st is always special, mine was the very old Artemis, but we loved her! We had an absolute blast. So much so, you need a rest when you get back, there is so much to do if you want.

Only other advice is to research your ports. I like to DIY, but there are some ports, it's just not worth it (Fire Mountain in Lanzarote for example). Or Madeira, I booked in advance a fantastic taxi tour for the 6 of us. It's cheaper and you get what you want instead of following the herd on a coach, brilliant and highly recommended. If you use taxis, agree a price BEFORE setting off!

Enjoy..... Jo

Archived