Tours in Crimea

I would beg the esteemed Board Moderators to believe me that this is not a plug of any sort but if after reading this post they decide that it is "inappropriate" - I guess it can be deleted.

But it is more of a "correction of a bad situatrion" if you will.

Apparently someone else is trying to use the name of the guide lots of folks here on Boards used and recommended, namely Sergei.

I just want to bring this to everyone's attention.

To assure that you are INDEED dealing with "real" Sergei (Sergey) check out his web site http://sergoyalta.at.ua and possibly contact him through that

He also has 2 e-mail addresses and usually answers within 24 hours.

There seems to be a problem with typing them as a "link" so...

sergo22yaltaATgmail.com or sergo22ATinbox.ru (make necessary substitutions i.e. @)

I've posted couple of posts before about a great time DW & I had with him during our 4 days in Crimea about a month ago, so I dont want to over-saturate the issue, least the post WILL be deeemed a spam-ad of a sort and deleted. But I think the man deserves a clarification of a bad situation that could have a negative impact on him and on the business which is the only reason why I decided to post this

Thank You

I am confused & worried. I followed the recommendation on Cc and am in correspondence with SERGEY22 same email address. Are you sayingthat Sergey is NOT the correct person and that the email adress should be sergo,etc.?

Paula - no, I think you're OK. You're planning indicidual tours with Sergei in both Yalta & Sevastopol, right? :)

I am enclosing a photo of Sergei that I took at Yusupov's palace.

I'm sure you can see that it is the same person as the photos on the site I mentioned

100_2791a.JPG.926beccc1204b7906d2233596de1ddcd.JPG

It's difficult to know who you dealing with when booking private tours over the internet. On our last cruise we heard of a number of people who had paid money up front for tours only to be disappointed when no-one turned up. The simple way to make a private tour booking is to NOT part with any money. A good guide will take your booking in good faith and will be happy to be paid on the day. That way it becomes difficult for an imposter to tarnish someone else's reputation. If you have any doubts what so ever just don't book.

You are absolutely right!!!!

And, I guess, this is one of the reasons why we discuss things like this here on the Board - those of us that already went through services of various guides\agencies, etc can advise others that "these outfits are real McCoy" so to speak.

Just to "drive a point home" - that's the way Sergey operates: you will hash-out all the details with him before hand but he will NOT ask you for any money upfront.

The only request I got from him was to let him know ASAP if, for whatever reason, I we won't be able to make the rendez-vouz

I have to agree 100% with Old Pete's/Allan's comments and recommendations. Sergey was recommended to me originlly and I have recommended him to others since purely on the basis of his profound knowledge and excellent service. I have not had one bad report so hopefully he will not suffer if this other person is low enough to try and take advantage of his good reputation. All the contact details in Old Pete's post are correct as is his statement that no monies were asked for prior to the tour.

I am sure Allan that the board moderators will realise that we are purely recommending Sergey on request and in no way benefitting from it.

Cheers, Judy

I am sure Allan that the board moderators will realise that we are purely recommending Sergey on request and in no way benefitting from it.

Cheers, Judy

Hey Judy - I was not so much worried that the moderators might think that we are benefiting, but rather that, as per Board Rules, too much mentioning (esp. on multi-threads) may constitute SPAM and the thread could've been deleted.

Sure am glad they didn't because he IS a wonderful guy and deserves good things from his hard labor

Thanks for "piping in" :D

Archived