Copenhagen: train to Freeport cruise pier?

Is there a way to take public transportation (preferrably) the train from the Copenhagen Marriot, or really, any where in the city center to the Freeport cruise pier? If so, how is this accomplished?

Thanks!

Not sure where the Marriott is but from the city, at least from the central station/Tivoli area you can take the S-train to Nordhaven. Then it's about a 20-minute walk. Danish Viking gave me the info on the other Copenhagen thread.

I mapped out the walk on Google maps and it's about 1.5 km, a little less than a mile.

Is there a way to take public transportation (preferrably) the train from the Copenhagen Marriot, or really, any where in the city center to the Freeport cruise pier? If so, how is this accomplished?

Thanks!

check with the Marriott. I read in somewhere that there is a shuttle you pay for to take you to the pier. I just took a taxi from Freeport to the Marriott on Sunday (June 27) morning and it was about 150DK

Thanks!

I would use a taxi subject you can handle that:

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/07/copenhagen-denmark-from-frihavn-cruise.html

http://heinbloed-cruiseguides.blogspot.com/2009/07/copenhagen-denmark-airport-trains-to.html

Bus 26 only runs to Langeline Terminal but does not run on Sunday to Freeport Terminal. Only Monday to Friday.

Regards

HeinBloed

HeinBloed, I had planned on walking from the ship to the Nordhaven station, but the walk doesn't look too pedestrian-friendly. What do you think?

Many other cruisers did this before...

If I would be passenger in transit and just visit Copenhagen for sightseeing:

I would do it.

If I would be embarking/debarking passenger and on the way from/to my hotel or airport with a lot of bags:

I would not do it.

Regards

HeinBloed

The walk to the train station is not bad from the Marriott, but is about 10 minutes and not the easiest with bags. (While one can go in from the rear of the station there are a lot of steps on that side, so it would be preferable to walk all the way around.)

Archived