Patrick's 4x4 tour from Papeete

flamomo

We're trying to email this guy to get rates for his half and full day tours, but the email address on his website won't work.

Does anyone have an info on how to get in touch with him?

I did get a response from him on June 21 re: availability. I responded to him a couple of days later to secure a reservation for November, but haven't heard from him yet. The email he used to reply to me is: patrickaventure@mail.pf . I just now sent him another email. Please let me know if you hear from him.. and I'll do the same...

We're trying to email this guy to get rates for his half and full day tours, but the email address on his website won't work.

Does anyone have an info on how to get in touch with him?

If you message me your email address. I can send you an attachment on his price list, which I got from them,

Thanks Malcolm

That's the email address I was using, but it won't go through. The web postmaster keeps kicking it back to me as a bad address.

Aussiecruiser, I would like the info you have. You can use this email adress: FlaGram39@yahoo.com

I'll be visiting your country in January, on a Princess cruisetour on the Diamond Princess.

Just thought I'd add our experience from last fall. We had eight people booked with him and had the same trouble you all are having with communication. In the end, he said there was something wrong with his vehicle or with him - I've forgotten exactly - but he offered to have someone else take us.

We had read such good things about HIM that we didn't want to trust being turned over to someone else. We ended up booking the Princess Papeete 4x4 excursion as soon as excursions opened for booking. After that there was a waitlist. So, if you can, I would book with Princess while you are waiting to hear from Patrick. You can always cancel the Princess booking onboard if Patrick comes through for you. Princess was more expensive, but we enjoyed our day, and it was a lot less stressful than worrying about how dealing with Patrick would work out! Enjoy your cruise and good luck with Patrick.

The e-mail we used was the same as in Post #2 above, but you have to be careful typing it as you need to be sure NOT to put the "d" in adventure! It is "aventure" without the "d." Perhaps that could be the problem?

Would love to hear about your day with Patrick if it works out for you. Have a great cruise!

This is the email I received from him after my initial email:

Ia orana Cathy,

Nice to meet you.

I'm available for the 1/2 day tour or full day tour.

The price for the 1/2 day tour is 4.500 Pacific Francs

(60 $US) per person.

For the full day tour, it's 6.500 Pacific Francs (80 $US)

per person without the lunch.

We go in the hart of Tahiti island by 4x4 car.

We stop very often to look around and take pictures.

We will talk about flora, fauna, geography, geology... and

swim in the waterfall.

I can take 9 persons per car.

I will pickup you on the pier.

Many thanks.

Patrick.

Just thought I'd add our experience from last fall. We had eight people booked with him and had the same trouble you all are having with communication. In the end, he said there was something wrong with his vehicle or with him - I've forgotten exactly - but he offered to have someone else take us.

We had read such good things about HIM that we didn't want to trust being turned over to someone else. We ended up booking the Princess Papeete 4x4 excursion as soon as excursions opened for booking. After that there was a waitlist. So, if you can, I would book with Princess while you are waiting to hear from Patrick. You can always cancel the Princess booking onboard if Patrick comes through for you. Princess was more expensive, but we enjoyed our day, and it was a lot less stressful than worrying about how dealing with Patrick would work out! Enjoy your cruise and good luck with Patrick.

Good advice - thanks!

G'day folks,

I am thinking after reading all your posts that there is some confusion about Patricks Tours. Patricks tours in PAPEETE are not the same company as Patricks Tours on BORA BORA. Some people from our M & M group on our upcoming cruise thru Tahiti have had similar problems with the Patrick in PAPEETE, confriming tours then cancelling the tour because he had a better offer on the day etc also poor communication and strange emails after they cancelled their tour with him (our cruise is in sept/Oct this year). Please note I have had no direct experience with this Patrick (Papeete)

The OTHER Patrick is from BORA BORA and runs a very professional tour company and as I understand it has absolutely no connection with the Patrick on Papeete. I have had one very successful and excellent tour with this Patrick and so far we have 30 odd people from our M & M group booked with THIS Patrick (Bora Bora) on 3 separate tours in October this year. This Patrick is extremely professional and reliable and an absolute pleasure to deal with, I would highly recommend tours with Patrick on BORA BORA.

I hope this helps clear up some apparent confusion. (this confusion may all be mine, but I was concerned some other may have been confused as well)

Cheers

David

have taken the 1/2 day with Patrick a couple of times--first time there had been a downpour the day before --so nothing but mud--no swimming in the waterfall--you'll be quizzed constsantly about the items you see around you--lots of flora and fauna questions---for me 1/2 days was enough--as I remember he vacations in France and when you don't hear from him he's probably gone--but he'll be there on the pier in the morning--even though you may think he should have confirmed with you--he's not going to.

the ;ast time we were with hime the French Army or Whatever they are were on manuevers in the area we were traveling--scared the living bejeesis out of me when one with face paint --rifle etc jumped out of the bushes right next to the truck--didn't have a clue who he was or why he was there--then--when looking around they were hiding everywhere--really could have gone right back to the ship then--just was not comfortable

Nancy:D

G'day folks,

I am thinking after reading all your posts that there is some confusion about Patricks Tours. Patricks tours in PAPEETE are not the same company as Patricks Tours on BORA BORA. Some people from our M & M group on our upcoming cruise thru Tahiti have had similar problems with the Patrick in PAPEETE, confriming tours then cancelling the tour because he had a better offer on the day etc also poor communication and strange emails after they cancelled their tour with him (our cruise is in sept/Oct this year). Please note I have had no direct experience with this Patrick (Papeete)

The OTHER Patrick is from BORA BORA and runs a very professional tour company and as I understand it has absolutely no connection with the Patrick on Papeete. I have had one very successful and excellent tour with this Patrick and so far we have 30 odd people from our M & M group booked with THIS Patrick (Bora Bora) on 3 separate tours in October this year. This Patrick is extremely professional and reliable and an absolute pleasure to deal with, I would highly recommend tours with Patrick on BORA BORA.

I hope this helps clear up some apparent confusion. (this confusion may all be mine, but I was concerned some other may have been confused as well)

Cheers

David

The confusion was mine also! Thank you for clearing it up....we are doing the tour in Bora Bora....I can hardly wait!!

• 4 weeks later...

While in Tahiti (Jan/09 Ryndam cruise) we did the full day tour with Patrick. I would not do it again. He was much more like a Professor teaching class, giving lectures and asking questions and wanting answers after each stop. It was much too stuffy for me. There were the comments from our fellow cruisers too. He was knowledgable about the island, but doesn't have much of a personality, if you ask me. About the only enjoyable part was when we hiked to the waterfall (about 1/2 of our group went while the others stayed behind) and did the great swim. the 1/2 day tour would be more than enough, but that doesn't get you to the waterfall. Maybe something else would be in line for this day in Tahiti. Again, this was our experience, and we were not impressed with Patrick in Tahiti.

We also did the Patrick's in Bora Bora. He is by far the best we have come across in all our cruising and tours. I would highly recommend Patrick in Bora Bora for his full day Motu picnic trip.

Archived