15 Day Hawaii - 2012

CRUZBUDS

We started shopping for spring of 2012 and were considering booking the Century again to Hawaii. We’re doing the same trip in the fall of 2011. We discovered the Oosterdam and the Carnival Spirit are both doing 15 day Hawaiian cruises around the same time. They both have 5 port days.

I think Celebrity will lose a bit of its edge with the 4 port itinerary. We already had one person on the 2012 Roll Call jump to the Oosterdam when he found out there were two full days in Honolulu.

Our first choice is the Century for a lot of reasons - we'll be doing a spread sheet full of the pros and cons for each ship - as we see it ;)

If the Century had the 5 port days it would be a slam dunk.

The purpose of the post is not to whine - just to share information and to hope Celebrity might reconsider the itinerary and make it more competitive.

I agree with you. We have the same concerns. Another problem with the Century Hawaii cruise along with being only 4 port days, its only 3 islands.

We do however LOVE Century and Hawaii.

I agree; it would be nice if they added an extra port - especially with how long the trip is to and from Hawaii. I definitely have a strong preference for Celebrity vs. other lines and was happy to see they were going to be doing a Hawaii run (as I want to do Hawaii sometime in the near future) but was a bit uninspired by the itinerary they came up with.

Also be sure to check how many hours you are in each port and when you arrive. Some ships stop in Hilo around noon. I prefer an early morning stop there so you can explore the Volcanoes at your leisure during the day and get back for a nice dinner.

We have late departures in Honolulu and Lahaina which is nice. -- but 12:00 arrival in Hilo. Most of the time Hilo is the first stop and is 10:00 or later. (as it is on the Century)

We've done Hilo many times and is our least favorite Hawaiian port. Once you've seen the volcano a few times there's not that much to do there. (Big Island Candy is the exception -- yum!)

The Oosterdam will give them some real competition and the Spirit is a nice ship also. We did the 12 one way Hawaiian cruise on the Spirit a few years ago and found the demographic the same as Celebrity. It is nothing like a 3 or 4 day crowd.

Time for me to start my spread sheet of pros & cons ;)

Aloha!

Aloha!

Archived