The Wait Is Over! A review of the Epic's maiden crossing June 24th - July 1st

Cubechick

What was your cabin #? I'm comparing a few CVs for a future cruise and am trying to figure out if the front-facing CVs are larger than the side ones--ie take the solarium & give up the balcony in return for extra space.

We were in 16021. Personally, unless there are more than two of you traveling, I wouldn't give up the balcony for the extra space. But I really like sitting out on my balcony.:)

We loved the location of this stateroom as it was out the door and an immediate right to the concierge desk and the Epic Club. Close access to the elevators too. We'd book this room again in a heartbeat.

Thanks for a fair and nice review of your TA. I have been following the Epic build off and on, but really caught the bug, with the last few weeks of construction, and the sailing to Southampton. I was up late at night watching AIS sites both in England, and here in the US, so my thoughts were with the Epic and her passengers all the way across. Your review, along with the other pax, filled my curiosity, and made me sure I want to sail her. Thanks so much.

Al

:)Yes we were in an inside cabin and no I am not complaining.. "The Closet" was our "pet name" for the room.

It was our first cruise and I for one was happy to be on the ship after all the scares we had before sailing (volcano in Iceland.. fire on ship.. etc)

If anyone has any questions about this category of stateroom (it was the lowest price for a family of 3 traveling together) I will be happy to answer.

For those booked on the Epic in the future... have a wonderful time, either in your "closet" or your "villa"... or somewhere in between.

:)Super job Aimee. Felt like I was sailing along with you as I read. Can't wait to hear about Iceland. Thanks as always for taking the time to post your review. Epic is on my bucket list for sure.

:)Yes we were in an inside cabin and no I am not complaining.. "The Closet" was our "pet name" for the room.

It was our first cruise and I for one was happy to be on the ship after all the scares we had before sailing (volcano in Iceland.. fire on ship.. etc)

If anyone has any questions about this category of stateroom (it was the lowest price for a family of 3 traveling together) I will be happy to answer.

For those booked on the Epic in the future... have a wonderful time, either in your "closet" or your "villa"... or somewhere in between.

Bobnver - Hi, could you tell me where was the 3rd/4th bed in the inside cabin? Still have yet to see a photo of that.... And how was the closet space? Was there room to store the luggage under the bed?

Thank you! :)

:)Super job Aimee. Felt like I was sailing along with you as I read. Can't wait to hear about Iceland. Thanks as always for taking the time to post your review. Epic is on my bucket list for sure.

You'll love the Epic, ML! I can get cracking on my Iceland review now that I've finished up with this wonderful portion of our trip. I'll let you know when I'm done. ;)

Maja..weren't you on the recent 2 nighter? What did you think/do/like?

Yes...

I'm trying to organize my thoughts right now so I can sit down & write a review. It's just so overwhelming! I've been cruising for years but nothing like the Epic.

You'll love the Epic, ML!

Maybe a Dawn reunion cruise is in our future ML. Aimee can be our tour guide :)

Archived