Long, Detailed Review with Photos of Carnival Freedom, 6/13/10

pcrum

ok, i read your entire review just now. Thank you for the pics, they were great, and all of the important info, i took notes (ok so i am bit organized) and although not my first cruise, my first in over 20 or so years! Loved all the pics especially the food. We are sailing on 8/29, western, so this was very helpful.

thanks again and happy sailings....

Thanks for the kind words and glad you enjoyed the review. I sometimes wonder if the food pics are a bit much, so I'm glad you enjoyed them!!

Home for lunch saw you review. Can't wait to get home from work tonight and read it and look at all your photos.

I'll be on Freedom in November.

Marcy

Enjoy your Freedom cruise! I know you will love it. We do the sister ship, Liberty, in November.

My Husband and I were on the same cruise as you and your family. We also had a blast. I agree it was sooo hot in Key West the day we were there. We did the Safari Power boat and it was so much fun. Plus we were able to keep cool with the water hitting us from the boat. In Grand Caymen we did the 4x4 Jeep tour which was fun driving on the other side of the road. In Jamacia we did the river raft ride. The guides were so much fun. They really made the trip great. We also enjoyed the Sun Resturant it is very good and well worth the extra money. Our room was located on the Lido deck. It was so quite. We did not hear people out in the halls talking or kids running up and down the hallways like they usually do. I would love to take this cruise again. This was my thrid cruise and my husband's sixth cruise. We enjoy carnival cruises also. It is the only cruise line my husband will cruise on. It was fun to be able to read your review and look at the pictures and remember the great time we had also.

Thank you for such a wondeful review.

Thanks for the kind words. If we do find ourselves in Key West in the heat of summer, I think we will also plan a water based excursion. It was very hot walking around! Sounds like you had a great cruise also! Wow, a room on the Lido deck...sounds very convenient!

Yes, Carnival is our cruise of choice, both for the fun and for the good food. I totally agree that the Sun King restaurant is so worth the price!

• 3 months later...
On the way back to the boat dock, Shister stopped the boat, dove down and picked up these two starfish for us to handle and photograph. He said he would throw them back in the water later. He also found sand dollars:

HPIM5658-1.jpg

HPIM5657-1.jpg

This is SO cool!!!

This is SO cool!!!

Indeed it was! We loved our semi private tour with Shister. Unfortunately when we tried to book again with nativeway last August (requesting Shister), we were told that in June the original boat was full and that is why we ended up on the smaller boat with the semi private tour. It was a great experience! In August, while on the Inspiration, we did a tour with nativeways again and ended up on a larger boat with more people, which just makes our memory of our semi private tour even the more special! Shister was not available to be on our boat in August, but the nativeway rep did offer to call him so we could speak to him on the phone! I declined, but asked them to give him our best and tell him again how much we enjoyed our tour!

• 4 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
After reading you review I'm extra excited about our 11/27/11 cruise on Freedom!!! Thanks !

You will have a wonderful time. Freedom is a great ship. We just came back from a 7 day Glory cruise and I have to say, I like the Freedom better. To me, the Glory is just not an especially pretty ship! We still had a wonderful time, but from a purely aesthetic point of view, I prefer the Freedom!

terrific review. thanks

Thanks for reading. It was fun to write, although I'm 3 reviews behind right now! Trying to get started on a review of our latest Glory cruise! :)

Loved your review of the Freedom and the pics are great. We sail on Freedom in November 2011 and can't wait!!! First time cruisers and we are very excited!!!!

Thanks again your review was wonderful.

Be prepared to become addicted to cruising!:D Nov. is a great month to travel as the islands are not so hot!! I know you will have a wonderful time! Thanks so much for the kind comment!

Loved your review. Great job! Your kids are adorable - mine are now in their twenties and it is so difficult for everyone to have time off to cruise together. We all went last summer but can't this summer :( DH and I will be on the Freedom to Cozumel, Panama, and Costa Rica on June 4. We will be traveling with my mom and some dear friends. I am so excited and reading your review made me even more so.

Loved your review. Great job! Your kids are adorable - mine are now in their twenties and it is so difficult for everyone to have time off to cruise together. We all went last summer but can't this summer :( DH and I will be on the Freedom to Cozumel, Panama, and Costa Rica on June 4. We will be traveling with my mom and some dear friends. I am so excited and reading your review made me even more so.

Thanks so much for the kind comments. Yes, we are cherishing these moments together because I know in 2 short years they will be off to college. You will love the Freedom, she's a great ship. Cozumel is one of my favorite ports too. I've never been to Panama or Costa Rica, but they look spectacular, especially being able to see the Panama Canal. Enjoy!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

We are taking our 10 year old granddaughter on this cruise on July 24, 2011. She went with us last year on the Destiny and loved it. We did the excursion with the sting rays and are looking for something different to do when we visit Grand Cayman. Is there a good excursion we can take where she can interact with the dolphins? We might take her to the turtle farm, but I think she would enjoy the dolphins too.

Is the Serenity adults only area free or is there a charge?

The Serenity area is free of charge. Enjoy!!

We are taking our 10 year old granddaughter on this cruise on July 24, 2011. She went with us last year on the Destiny and loved it. We did the excursion with the sting rays and are looking for something different to do when we visit Grand Cayman. Is there a good excursion we can take where she can interact with the dolphins? We might take her to the turtle farm, but I think she would enjoy the dolphins too.

I'm sorry, but I'm not aware of a tour in Grand Cayman where you interact with dolphins. Just googling dolphin interaction in Grand Cayman, I came up with the following link: http://www.dolphinworld.org/reserve-grand-cayman-island.htm. I know nothing about this company though. You might find other options through a google search or by checking the Grand Cayman board on Cruise Critic.

Our last trip to Grand Cayman, we took a city bus to the area called Hell, which is sort of a tourist trap, but does have some interesting black rock formations. This bus also stopped at 7 Mile Beach, which is quite near the port area. I have details of the bus and the stops in my Thanksgiving, 11/2010 Liberty review (see link in signature).

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!! I'm sure your granddaughter will love it!!

• 11 months later...
As your other reviews, lots of detail, which we appreciate, thanks for all your effort. We also were very pleased to get the cabin numbers. :)

Thanks so much for your kind comments. I have learned so much from other's reviews, so am happy to return the favor.

• 8 months later...
Thank You for your review. We cruise on the Freedom 7 weeks from today. We are going to the same ports as you. I love visiting Key West

Thanks so much for the kind words. I was just reading your back to back review and enjoying it!! How lucky you are to be cruising again so soon!! You will enjoy the Freedom...she's a fine ship!!

I love this picture of your daughter. I am enjoying your review. :)

Thanks so much. We really enjoyed the Freedom!

Fantastic review of a fantastic ship! We sailed on the Freedom last June and loved it. The steakhouse dinner was the best I've had on any ship or any vacation for that matter. The crab cake was devine and the 22 oz ribeye was so tender, no knive was needed and I ate every bite. By the time I had the chocolate sampler for dessert, I was done for. I enjoyed everything about the ship and the cruise. Thanks for posting such a great review which was yet another reminder of what a great family vacation we had last summer!

Thanks for the kind words. We always love the Carnival Steakhouses...have not had a bad meal yet!!

Archived