ventura transatlantic 03/2011

biggirl69

We are 1st time cruisers and have just booked the Ventura transatlantic cruise for March 2011 today. If anyone can give us any advice, such trips etc we should do,this will be fantastic. Feeling excited & nervous all at the same time ;)

thanks happy cruising

:D:D

Hi,

We did this cruise in reverse in Nov, it is really nice. My advice would be to definitely book a whole day trip in St Lucia out to a beach or something (anything..) that takes you away from the port. Castries, the town, really isn't nice. We had visions of wandering around the port and doing a bit of shopping. People we spoke to who had gone to beaches etc said they were beautiful.

On board, make sure you try East, it is superb and worth every penny of the supplement.

You will have a lovely time.

We did a P&O trip last year called St Lucia land and sea, i totaly recommend this, it was so good we would do it again, well worth the money Enjoy your 1st cruise, it probably won't be your last :)

• 4 months later...

We did your cruise in reverse Oct/Nov, first time on P&O. We had an amazing time and I can't say enough good things about P&O. Here's a link to my long and boring report; it may answer some of your questions about P&O regarding Ventura, the Transatlantic crossing and ports. We didn't do ship tours, but made our own way around the islands. We missed St Lucia due to avoiding hurricane Tomas.

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1305968

Archived