Does'nt anyone like to ......

pozz

A lot of people cruise in the winter, thus ships are still sailing all year.

Absolutely.

PLUS, some people live in places where the winters are not something they need to escape from.

I would NOT be one of those people.

SO, I do cruise in the winter :D

I would totally cruise in the winter- but I'm a teacher and the only time I could do it would be Christmas. I would love to... but I would be flying from Minneapolis and would have to take a chance on delayed/canceled flights due to snow and ice!:(

I definitely PREFER to cruise in the winter cuz it sure gets cold here! There is nothing like dreaming about sunshine, ocean breezes, and toes in the sand when you are battling a winter storm. I have done a few 'hurricane' season cruises when possible - but would never consider a summer cruise (except to Alaska of course!:D)

Our first cruise we had to sail during the summer since we went to Alaska but two years ago we cruised right after Thanksgiving and decided never again, not that it was a bad cruise, it was great, but living in North Dakota it just seem that it made the winter longer since we didn't have a nice warm vacation to look forward to, so this year we are cruising the first week of March. Yeah we know it is spring break but kids don't bother us nor do wild college age kids either, we spend most of our time on our balcony anyway.:) We always fly in two days before the ship sails to give us a little leeway just in case the weather is bad.

OTTAWA yup thats colder than Windsor, for sure,thanks for the tip,i was just curious because there isn't that many reviews from winter months,i will keep reading the reviews,what the weather like in the caribean during jan-feb any one???

OTTAWA yup thats colder than Windsor, for sure,thanks for the tip,i was just curious because there isn't that many reviews from winter months,i will keep reading the reviews,what the weather like in the caribean during jan-feb any one???

Weather is gorgeous in the caribbean that time of year (sure beats warming up the car, brushing off the snow, putting on the warm coat/boots/mitts, shovelling the driveway and freezing :D:D).

check out my review (see link below) for my latest winter (jan 2010) cruise! 9complete w/pics).

Cruise in the winter,to get away from the winter month's,it seams everyone just cruises during warm and hurrican seasons.What's up,or ie it a price cost thing ,let me know:)

For us, it about school. My wife is a teacher, our daughter will be in sixth grade. They do not let teachers take off for cruises during the school year.:rolleyes:

Our first cruise we had to sail during the summer since we went to Alaska but two years ago we cruised right after Thanksgiving and decided never again, not that it was a bad cruise, it was great, but living in North Dakota it just seem that it made the winter longer since we didn't have a nice warm vacation to look forward to, so this year we are cruising the first week of March. Yeah we know it is spring break but kids don't bother us nor do wild college age kids either, we spend most of our time on our balcony anyway.:) We always fly in two days before the ship sails to give us a little leeway just in case the weather is bad.

I feel your pain. I lived in Minot for three years.

We like to cruise during the winter months but from a warm embarkation port. With the possibility of snow and the cold weather the 1st day or so, leaving from places like NY or Baltimore just doesn't fly with me.

We have done 1 in December, another in January, and have our Thanksgiving cruise coming up.

I will say; however, that taking a cruise to 80 degree weather and ocean breezes sounds much better than the 103 degrees (with a ton of humidity) in Baltimore right now.

I always pick February to cruise. I live in Michigan and its a loooooong winter. I need a caribbean cruise to break up the chill.:D

good luck on your DREAM CRUISE

Archived