Veendam Navigation deck

Murrhers

We've just booked on the Veendam 8/8 sailing, in an "A" cabin with balcony. It's right below the Lido deck. Anyone have any insight into cabins on this level and noise from the Lido deck?

I was in cabin 072 last month. I noticed no noise from the lido deck and loved my location. There's also very little traffic on that deck since there's nothing but rooms and the Neptune Lounge.

Thanks for the info! Did you feel much motion? I typically wear a "patch" (actually, I cut it in half - the side effects are too much with a whole patch.) I've never been that high. I see that you were at the stern.

What did you do while in Bermuda? Anything you can recommend?:)

Going out, the seas were very rough and the majority of the ship was locked away in a stateroom. I even found a staff member who was sea sick while doing his job. Obviously, this part affected the whole ship, not just us. On our way home, there was some light rocking, but I didn't notice anything different in our room as opposed to anywhere else. I grew up with boats and I've never been sea sick, so my perspective may not be the most helpful. My lady felt sick on the way out, but we got some food and walked around the promenade area and she felt better. She noticed no adverse effects on the way back.

On the island itself, we rode the buses all over the place and enjoyed the experience. We went to several beaches, went swimming and snorkeling, and just walked around town a bit. We tried renting a scooter the first day there and immediately crashed. As a result, I strongly recommend against scooter rentals.

We didn't do any actual excursions, but just loafing around on beaches, snorkeling, and enjoying the sights was fantastic. We mailed something at the post office the one day and my girlfriend forgot to write the address on there. As we were down the road, the post man came after us, waving the post card, to get her to fill it out. That was one of our favorite experiences.

We pretty just went as our whims took us. We had very little plan other than a general direction and we absolutely loved where it took us. We plan to go back next year (and I'd be thrilled with the exact same cabin on the Veendam).

Archived