Civitavecchia to Rome -Disembark & meeting shuttle

Duranee

We will be docking in Civitavecchia at 7 a.m. and are planning on hiring Roma shuttles to get us into Rome/hotel ... Princess line. My experience with Princess (in the past) has been that they generally let you disembark early - or whatever time you need to meet your transportation.

So, after eating a hearty, last breakfast with them around 7 am, am hoping to maybe disembark around 7:30 am my questions are:

What time should I have Roma shuttles meet us? ...would 8 a.m. be too early?? What is the disembarking procedure at Civitavecchia...

Do we disembark and locate our luggage right next to the ship?

Do we have to go through customs??

Do we meet Roma shuttles right there, at the port - or do we have to take some kind of shuttle bus to the port gates?? (Did I read that somewhere??).

Also, we are staying at a B&B in Rome and they will meet us at the door with our key if we give them an approximate time of arrival. How long does it take to get from port to Rome??

Any information about disembarking at Civitavecchia is appreciated!

The private drivers will pick you up as early as you like. You depart the ship, pick up your luggage, and look for your driver holding a sign just as you head outside. The cars are parked about 20 yards away. We had no customs at all at the pier. The drive can take from 50 minutes to 90 minutes depending on traffic and exactly where you are going.

I don't understand the keys and your B&B. Why not just call them as you get near the city. Maybe the driver can call them if you have no working cell phone.

I'm not concerned with the B&B .. I don't think they wanted an exact time of arrival -- they just wanted a general idea of the time of day that we would be arriving in order to be around the 'lobby' of the B&B.

Thanks for the other info ... it's exactly what I needed to know in order to give Roma shuttles an estimate of what time to pick us up.

Archived