Diving in Dominica?

Texas_Diver

Texas Divers-

While I cannot answer as to why Carnival does not have a dive option for your cruise, I would HIGHLY recommend diving in Dominca. We were on an RCL cruise last October and had dives in Aruba, Curacao, Dominica and St. Thomas. Dominica was by FAR the best (not that the others were not great too). Not only the dive itselft (the Abyss) but Dive Dominica was professional. We booked Dive Dominica through RCL based on the RCL Sea Trek dive instructor (we are certified but sought advice). I think you should definitely look at their website to see if they are available without the cruise. Just 2 cents. Have a great cruise. Wish I were going, again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Rhino,

We are thinking of diving in Dominica in Nov. What month did you dive there and what did you see? Does Dive Domenica have good equipments? We are planning to rent everything but mask and computer.

• 2 weeks later...

We did a cave rainforest trip while in Dominica... so we didn't dive, but the two guys we met on our trip were divers.

They had been diving all week on Dominica, and were hardcore divers. They said it was worth the long plane flight and loved Dominica for its diving.

• 2 weeks later...

I went on a Princess cruise in November a few years ago that called on Dominica.

I arranged to dive with Nature Island divers. I don't think the ship offered a certified dive excursion, but they did offer a discover scuba, which, as it turned out, they had contracted Nature Island to do.

So I'm riding in a van with six or so others and from conversation realize that none of them were certified, and I'm thinking I'm going to have to spend my dive kneeling in the sand in six feet of water while the others are learning to breathe through a regulator!

Turns out that I arrived too late for their regularly scheduled morning dive, so they took me out solo. It was me, the divemaster/instructor, and another divemaster (whose turn it was to drive the boat).

The reefs were incredibly pristine and beautiful.

Definitely try to dive at this port of call!

Archived