Important Question About Carnival Card From Capital One?

GranysT

I'm sure anyone who has the Carnival Credit Card from Capital One now knows that they are eliminating that card. Does anyone know if you can use more than one reward on the same sailing? We have accumulated points that we would like to take advantage of. For example,we have enough points to book an inside cabin and get an oceanview,and also enough to get a $200 savings on a best cruise offer,plus throw in a fruit basket or bottle of champagne. Would they allow us to do all this on just one cruise?

It seems that you can combine somethings together and not others! As far as the fruit basket and the champagne yes you can combine those with anything else. We 69,000 points and they didn't want to let us combine them for a total of $1500 savings ($1000 & $500). After lots of talking and phone calls they relented. Of course by then the price of the cruise went up $200! It helps to ask for a supervisor if the 1st person turns you down on combining. Good Luck!

cmptrwiz

Paradise 2-2002

Spirit 3-2005

For us they would combine any discounts except for the cash discounts. So, I booked two cabins and got $500 off one, and $200 off the other. There are two 1As (on certain ships) on the Main deck that each have two windows. I am thrilled with the way it worked out.

I have redeemed points for three cruises - never had any trouble at all. I used a $500 certificate on one cruise, a $1000 certificate PLUS inside to oceanview upgrade on another, and a $500 certificate on our last cruise. I'll be booking one next month to use up the remainder of my points - will most likely get a $500 certificate an an upgrade. Then we'll be using icruise, as I don't see how Seamiles is worth it.

It seems that there are different ways of going about it - what I have done is call Capital One, tell them I want to redeem the points for a specific reward, and they give me a LONG confirmation number. I then book with a PVP at Carnival - I've had different experiences at that point. Sometimes they will take your confirmation number and handle it from there, and others you will need to call the rewards department at Carnival to handle that part.

The ONLY time I ever had trouble redeeming rewards was when I booked a cruise one week in advance, and then when I tried to redeem a $500 reward, I found out the Capital One system was down for the weekend. It was a big hassle, and it literally wasn't all straightened out until about 48 hours before the cruise. If you're booking well in advance, you will have NO problems with redeeming your rewards and applying them to your cruise.

We only have enough points for $200 plus a basket or whatever. Can we use the $200 toward any future booking or do we book first, pay the deposit, and then call in for the $200. We've called Capital One and it is still all very confusing. We plan on going on the Liberty in February, 2006.

You could do either. Book now and then apply the $200 best savings or get the confirmation number first and then book and have the $200 best savings applied. We booked late 45 days out when payment was required in full and had to call Capital one first and then book and apply the best savings. We have enough extra points for 5 fruit baskets. I guess we will get them and give them to our tablemates as gifts.

Cmptrwiz

Spirit 3-2005

Paradise 2-2002

Thanks everyone. Does anyone have a good number to call Capital One? If you call the 800 # on the credit card you just get an automated blah blah blah thing.Anyone have a number where you can talk to an actual person?

You have to call that number and go through the recorded information, then it gives you the option to speak to a rep. They can handle the points redemption, and sometimes it takes them a few minutes to pull up the information and get it done. Call when you have some spare time, and make sure you have a pen and a LONG piece of paper for that number :)

Archived