I'm Under 30 Days....what Should I Be Doing??

karenh1127

Just 29 days to go!! What should I be doing at this point? I have docs and all birth cert. (original & copies), new luggage, clothes pretty much set. I am also making sure our rx are not going to run out soon, etc. Anything else?? When should I start putting things in suitcases? I dont have a spare room or anywhere to leave luggage out so I really dont think I can pack this soon. Any ideas???:confused:

You sound pretty much organized. I wouldn't put the clothes in too soon. Maybe 10 days or so. Make a list of all the things that need to be done at home, such as stopping the mail or newspaper, etc. Collect everything you will be taking and it won't take long to get the things into the luggage. Enjoy the excitement of anticipation. Have a great cruise.

I start putting things in suitcases the second I book a cruise...months and months in advance! But that's just me wink.gif

Maybe start compiling a packing list and keep adding to it as you read the boards and get ideas or for when ideas come to you for what you might need. That way, when you're 5-10 days out, you can start packing and hopefully you'll have thought of everything you'll need to take with you by then!

Just relax.... the days will seem to go by slowly, but heaven forbid, don't start packing yet! LOL! Then they will go slower! I pack the day before!!!! LOL!!!! Best thing is just to hang around here and be with people that understand!!!! About 2 weeks out, you will want to start doing things such as clothes to the dry cleaners, buying things you will need for the cruise, etc. I always like to get a little tan ahead of time as well... we are here!!! And know it's tough!!!!!

Just 29 days to go!! What should I be doing at this point? I have docs and all birth cert. (original & copies), new luggage, clothes pretty much set. I am also making sure our rx are not going to run out soon, etc. Anything else?? When should I start putting things in suitcases? I dont have a spare room or anywhere to leave luggage out so I really dont think I can pack this soon. Any ideas???:confused:

To quote Barry Gibb, "You should be dancing....yeah" (sing along BeeGees style)

If you don't already have one, start a list.

Shop for the incidentals that you still need such as:

suntan lotion/burn cream/bug repellant

film/waterproof camera/memory card

all toiletries

sun hat

tote bag

ziploc bags

Start saving your $1 bills for tips.

I take a shopping bag that will stay open when standing, we use it for dirty clothes.

Break in any new shoes!

Lynn

To quote Barry Gibb, "You should be dancing....yeah" (sing along BeeGees style)

OMG! I'm going to have that song in my head all night! LOL!!!! Although it's a good one, and with less than a week to go, I AM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D

And, throw something in the crock pot!!:p

I am envious...where are you going?

We are going to Cozumel and Calica/Playa del Carmen.....the usual western Caribbean. We have never been to either place or on a cruise so it should be great fun and adventure!! But I hope our ship doesnt have alot of motion like the Elation just did per someone's thread?!!!:eek:

Guest Time2gocruzn

We are just under a month (26 days!) and I have all my papers in order and packed in my travel wallet along with confirmations from TA, Carnival, airline and hotels. Today I went to the bank and got the travelers checks and cash I need. Then when I got home I couldn't just stop myself from dragging the luggage out of the basement. Why.....I don't know cuz I am not ready to put anything in it:confused: ...it just makes me feel better to have it laying all over the house in the middle of everything with my kids climbing in and out of it and pulling it around:D.

I did start packing my toiletries which in itself seemed exhausting, lol. Tried to make sure I have everything I know I need and might need for DH, myself and 2 little ones AND then deciding what should be in ziplocs and what shouldn't, LOL. Filled up my mini bottles of shampoo, conditioner, lotions, hairspray, etc. Made a list of all the things I need to put in and can't yet (like eye glasses) and put it in the bag so I remember them b4 we go. So that is pretty much done. Let DH look thru it and he thought of a couple of things I missed.

As far as clothes, I have a pretty big project there as I need to get out boys summer clothes and see what still fits the bigger one (4), what now fits the little one (2), then pair it up as outfits. Then I need to sort out all my clothes. After I figure out what clothes we are taking, I am going to pack it all up and see what we are looking at, as I am concerned we may need another suitcase. When it gets a little closer, I will probably wash it all (as it has been crammed in drawers all winter) and repack it. NO I am not a spaz...it is just such a project making sure everyone has what they need. Since I am mom that automatically makes it my job I guess, LOL!!:D

And YES...I am shopping for my next cruise too:p!

As for cloths since my first cruise I find it easier (for me) to pack them by the day. I overpacked big time for my first cruise. Example I'm on a 8 day Legend cruise in 39 days!! Woo Hoo!

So I need 8 dinner outfits 2 formal and then 6 for the other nights. I also try to match colors so I don't need as many shoes.

Then I pick out port days for me 3 and what I will wear those days. That leaves 4 days at sea bathing suits and cover ups and sometimes I use a pair of shorts or a sundress. Then of course the day we get on the ship I'm wearing what I will wear till dinner.

I just went on and on hope it helped some but you most likely know this already. I guess I'm just excited!!!

Thanks for the great suggestions! I like the dancing and flip-flop ones! I think I am a bit too old to do backflips. Should we pack shorts and pants?? Not including the ones needed for dining room or formal night but just during the day?? Will it be cold in early March or warm enough to wear shorts??

Thanks for the great suggestions! I like the dancing and flip-flop ones! I think I am a bit too old to do backflips. Should we pack shorts and pants?? Not including the ones needed for dining room or formal night but just during the day?? Will it be cold in early March or warm enough to wear shorts??

Karen: Our cruise is almost here! Here's what I've done so far:

I've bought the small bottles (about 99 cents at our local pharmacy) of:

shampoo

conditioner

toothpaste

shaving cream

body lotion

That way, once empty...I'll just toss them out and not have to lug them home (frees up space in our suitcase believe it or not)!

I have a "Remember for Cruise" ongoing list on my kitchen counter. As I remember something I need to bring, I write it down. As I pack it in my suitcase (which has spent the good part of the last 3 weeks open and on my bedroom floor), I cross it off the list.

Also, it's cold here (New England) so I already pulled out my summer clothes and got them packed. We cruise always in February, and I haven't had to ever wear the one pair of jeans that I insist on bringing! A sweatshirt or sweater is perfect for a chilly night....also, I found that the towels available on the Lido deck works perfect to wrap around yourself if it does get a little chilly.

This time, I am bringing a bottle of Vodka, and a bottle of Rum in my suitcase (estimated alcohol saving of about $200 for the week)!

I'm also bringing some ziplock sandwich bags to stash some of the "freebie" room service sandwiches in to take off the ship for a quick snack!

I have half-bottles full of suntan lotion, sunscreen and aloe vera lotion to bring and NOT BRING HOME (leftovers from last summer)!

I also bought about 6 mini jar candles ($1.00 each from dollar store). They are bubble wrapped and in my suitcase. Again, they are NOT coming home with me, but I can't resist having scented candles in my cabin and on my balcony!

My packing goal (as you can tell) is to bring things I NEED, that I will not have to take back home with me.

I put a large collapsable cooler at the bottom of my suitcase to use both as a cooler in our room, and an extra bag to carry stuff home at the end of the cruise.

All my makeup and jewelry comes with me in my carry on (to avoid breakage...as happened in the past).

Sorry I ran on so long, but much of the above were suggestions I received from these boards!

Happy cruising!!

Stacy

QUOTE:"I also bought about 6 mini jar candles ($1.00 each from dollar store). They are bubble wrapped and in my suitcase. Again, they are NOT coming home with me, but I can't resist having scented candles in my cabin and on my balcony!"

Candles????:eek: I thought they werent allowed in the cabins?? I plan to bring those Renuzit room deoderizers that you just lift up. I use them at home and they are great. I also have a device that looks like a mug warmer that plugs in but it is for candles. They just sit on the warmer and the wax melts but there is no flame involved. It works great! I got it for Christmas but I think it came from Bed, Bath, & Beyond. It is much safer than lighting candles.

You have a great system going and I will adapt some of your ways! Thanks!

Both prior cruises, I brought along candles. Nothing like sitting on the balcony, glass of champagne in hand, and a nice candle (or two, or three....)...lol

Our room steward never said a word about them, nor have I read anywhere that they are not allowed :confused: . If not, I didn't realize it!!

Anyway, good luck packing and happy sailing!

Stacy

Both prior cruises, I brought along candles. Nothing like sitting on the balcony, glass of champagne in hand, and a nice candle (or two, or three....)...lol

Our room steward never said a word about them, nor have I read anywhere that they are not allowed :confused: . If not, I didn't realize it!!

Anyway, good luck packing and happy sailing!

Stacy

Candles arent allowed onboard

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/What_NOT_to_Pack.aspx

Safety Precautions due to "Safety Precautions", the following items are not permitted onboard:

Irons

Heating Pads

Candles

HAHA..tooo funny! I think my friends and family are SICK of hearing me talk about it!!!

I am not sure what they hate the most....me showing them videos of past cruises, my constant reminders of how many days are left before I set sail, or me walking around constantly singing Jimmy Buffet songs!

Stacy

Archived