Solstice E. Caribbean Shopping Question

ladyinr3d

San Juan has all the same stores as mainland US -- Plaza Las Americas is an indoor mall that has over 250 stores including the world's largest JC Penney store, Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, Sears and Macy's. Not probably what you had in mind, though?

Thanks, but you're right, that's not quite what I had in mind. I'm looking primarily for souvenir T-shirts as well as local merchandise I can't easily find at home. DH won't have a lot of tolerance for spending our scarce time in the Carribean shopping in the same stores we have here!

San Juan: In the old town downtown area there's dozens of souvenir shops. It's about a 5 - 10 minute walk from the ship. As you go across the road you'll see a CVS then a Starbucks. Just keep going up hill and you will get there. There are plenty of people who can give you directions.

St. Thomas: As you walk off the gangway, just go straight and you will see a shopping center with a few dozen souvenir stores. Plenty of clothings there and I'm quite sure I've seen sizes like Xl and XXL.

St. Maarten: After you walk off the gangway you'll enter a shopping center. Go straight, then turn right then left, you'll see a statue. Right behind the statue (next to Island Living) is a T-shirt store with many many selections from XXS to XXL and there are many designs. We bought like 6 t-shirts there for the family.

CIMG0544.jpg

Archived