Question about Baths in Tortola..

Denycejac26

I read something about the Baths tour where you might be required to get on all fours to go thru some rock formaitons and caves type areas to really enjoy the spot. I have issues with small spaces and also with swimming near rocks.. just freaks me out. Should I not consider this tour? I know everyone raves about it but I really don't need an anxiety attack while on vaca! lol

Thanks for your input!

Denyce

Legend 5-29-05

If you do not like swimming close to rocks, this may not be the tour for you. There are many large boulders at both beaches at the Baths. Unless you are going to make the trip through the caverns (actually large boulders), it really doesn't make sense to take this tour. There are plenty of other options.

Did I spell it right??

My suggestion is do it independently instead of paying the higher price on CC, just get a cab from the port, its like an open bus, and it will take you to the baths, you can decide how much or little you want to do.

There are 2 paths when you get to the baths, that take you down to the beach...

Path to the left takes you downhill on a windy path thru cactus etc, to a beautiful beach...path to the right takes you down lots of steps to another beach....this one has the majority of rocks and there is the cave/large boulders to go thru there also to reach the other beach....I would go down the pathway to the left, that way you go to a lovely beach and no rocks! a few large boulders, but open and lovely...also not the tourist spot...the tours go to this beach eventually but you have it all to yourself for a few hours! Hope this helps...

Thank you everyone for your helpful posts. I am going to check out the website and continue ot weigh the options. I know so many nice things have been said about this spot I would hate to miss it but then again would also hate to hyperventalate...lol!!

Thanks agin I will keep you posted on my decision and of course ask more questions!

Denyce

There are plenty of other options.

DO TELL!!!! ALthough I'd love to see this formation, I'll be with three people that are either not interested, too old or too young.

I'm looking for a nice beach right on Tortolla, hopefully something similar to Trunk Bay on St John.

Mr. Pete, there are numerous beaches on Virgin Gorda. Here is a link to Little Dix Bay which is probably the best for you with your young and old group. http://www.b-v-i.com/BeachCoast/default.htm#Little%20Dix%20Bay%20ResortHowever, you'll see links to other beaches as well. Any beach you go to will be beautiful. They all have white sand, clear water and most are reef protected. Have fun.

If you want to stay on Tortola, I'd recommend Cane Garden Bay. I'm sure you can find all the information you'd need with Google. Just put in Cane Garden Bay Tortola. The good thing is, your taxi can drive you down to the beach rather than having to hike down like you have to at many of the Tortola beaches.

Archived