Captain's Club on Celebrity??????

REPO

Looking at their website, I read that you have to have cruised at least once to join the Captain's Club. Do they take the 1st cruise into consideration and offer points or whatever for it?

Also, how many points are required to upgrade, etc. What does the Captain's Club offer?

Thanks,

Reid

After you have complete your first cruise, you may join the Captain's club if you wish. For the basic membership 1-5 cruises you will be invited to a special cocktail party for Captain Club members and also 4 times a year get the magazine which has coupons to be used on some of cruises that the line is sailing. Those are the ones that come to mind, to see all the benefits you can go to their website. We are Elite members and are offered magazines with hgher coupon levels, several cocktail parties. a high tea one of the sea days and several behind the scenes tours of the ship

Looking at their website, I read that you have to have cruised at least once to join the Captain's Club. Do they take the 1st cruise into consideration and offer points or whatever for it?

Also, how many points are required to upgrade, etc. What does the Captain's Club offer?

Thanks,

Reid

Hi Reid!

As jezzdogg mentioned, the site is one of the best source of info, but it takes a little digging to find what you are looking for. A few things come to mind:

1) Yes, the first cruise does count.

2) You get multiple cruise credits for certain criteria. For instance, you will receive double sailing credit if you travel in a Concierge Class cabin or a suite. The same is true if your cruise is 12 nights or longer. The maximum credit for any one sailing, however, is three credits. A cruise of 13 nights in a suite would only get 3 sailing credits, not 4.

3) I believe the Royal Caribbean program (Crown & Anchor?) and the Captain's Club are being combined since Royal Caribbean owns Celebrity. If you have sailings on both, you may get extra benefits.

Hi Reid!

3) I believe the Royal Caribbean program (Crown & Anchor?) and the Captain's Club are being combined since Royal Caribbean owns Celebrity. If you have sailings on both, you may get extra benefits.

I believe the programs are reciprical but not combined. As of last I knew you cannot add cruises on each together.

I believe the programs are reciprical but not combined. As of last I knew you cannot add cruises on each together.

Hi Dick and Carol!

That makes sense. I thought they were being combined based on some of the other threads I have seen on these boards.

Thanks for the clarification!

Good info!

We will be sailing on a 12 night in a sky suite. So I guess this would give us 3 credits?

How many credits are neeeded to move to the next level?

Thanks!

Good info!

We will be sailing on a 12 night in a sky suite. So I guess this would give us 3 credits?

How many credits are neeeded to move to the next level?

Thanks!

1 completed cruise = Classic level

5 completed cruises = Select level

10 completed cruises = Elite level

Here is one for all you wonderful fonts of wisdom.

We are booked on the 7 night Millie leaving 13 March (Concierge class) and then on the 11 night Summit leaving 21 March the day after we return from the Millie. This will be our first venture with Celebrity.

My question is how quickly can they process teh Captain's Club memberships. It would be so nice to take advantage of some benefits on the Summit. It is obviously asking a lot, but would there be someone we could contact on board the Millie to get things in progress (they might have be able to get in touch with someone on the Summit).

Ever hopeful.

1 completed cruise = Classic level

5 completed cruises = Select level

10 completed cruises = Elite level

By 5 completed cruises, do you mean 5 credits? Or do you mean 5 actual cruises. (Ex. 2- 12 day cruises in a suite should give you 6 credits?) Would this put you into select level?

Sat received letter saying I had been "upgraded to Platinium class" on the RCCC club, I am at present Select class on Celebrity, will be doing 9 and 10-11 in March and November of this year.

What does this "uograde" really mean, my personal feeling is - absolutely nothing just a PR ploy. but I could be wrong - I have not used RCCC since 1997.

:D I think the new criteria is...if you can recognise a cruise ship from a photo array that includes an oil tanker, dinghy, sailboat, and garbage barge...then you can enroll and chances are they'll give you the perks that CC once had at ELITE level!!

It is based on credits...not actually sailingsl Right now we are at 8 credits with Celebrity, in April we will be on Mercury 11 nighter which is 1 credit for the sailing and since we booked a cc room one credit for that. That will put me in Diamond on RCCL and Elite on Celebrity. Long way to go for the Diamond Plus and Elite plus status though, which is 24 credits

Archived