WiFi- Thomson Dream

Hi,

Yes internet is available onboard either by using one of the 8 PC's located in the library or by using Wifi on a laptop on smart phone, such as an iPhone. The signal is ok thoughout the main passenger areas and out on deck but you may not get a signal in your cabin. The signal does go via a satelitte and is not as fast as home internet, however it is still good (depending on weather and other interferance).

There are three different packages for internet, £4 for 15mins, £13 for 60 minutes or £16 for 100 mins. You do not need to use these minutes all at once, you can logoff and use the rest some other time during your time onboard. When you select the package it will be charged automatically to your onboard account.

I hope this helps!

plane_sailing :)

Hi,

Yes internet is available onboard either by using one of the 8 PC's located in the library or by using Wifi on a laptop on smart phone, such as an iPhone. The signal is ok thoughout the main passenger areas and out on deck but you may not get a signal in your cabin. The signal does go via a satelitte and is not as fast as home internet, however it is still good (depending on weather and other interferance).

There are three different packages for internet, £4 for 15mins, £13 for 60 minutes or £16 for 100 mins. You do not need to use these minutes all at once, you can logoff and use the rest some other time during your time onboard. When you select the package it will be charged automatically to your onboard account.

I hope this helps!

plane_sailing :)

Thank you.

Seems pricey enough them internet packages :eek:

I thought they mave have provided free wi-fi like hotels usually do

• 2 years later...
Hi,

Does anyone know if there is free WiFi access onboard that I could access via my phone?

Thanks

We always use wifi on land....normally free in most ports or nearby cafes. Much faster speed versus ship's 'slower than the second coming'! Easy to carry Ipad or IPhone and leave the ship's ridiculous prices for emergency calls only.

Thank you.

Seems pricey enough them internet packages :eek:

I thought they mave have provided free wi-fi like hotels usually do

In my recent experience not many hotels offer free WiFi, and I suspect that those that do will not offer it to non residents.

When ashore we've used free internet facilities in local tourist information offices, and they generally offer free WiFi.

Or, as mentioned above, find a wee bar - nearly all offer free connection, it's almost a "must have" selling point for the passing tourist trade.

Archived