To Cruise or not to cruise...

I am having a really hard time deciding what to do for our wedding. My fiance and I have decided to plan our wedding for June of 2011. The hard part is decididng weather or not to do a destination wedding (Bermuda). My father recently told me that he will pay for the wedding, but cost IS still an issue to me.

Also, My fiances family drives me crazy! And I come from a very large family (my father is one of 13 children). So these are also things I am weighing in my decision. If the cruise is on the less-expensive side then I could have a less formal reception when I get back.

The only real down-side I can foresee is that I would not be able to have a flower girl/ring bearer. I would say about 50 people would come with us if we do a destination wedding, so it is not like it would be too small.

What would really help is if there is anyone out there that had a destination wedding (Maybe even in Bermuda) and could give me info about it. Is it very expensive? What things are included? Would you have changed anything?

Thank You.. I am trying really hard to go further with the planning process

Rose

Why wouldn't you have a ring bearer or flower girl? From what I can see, you pretty much have sold yourself on a cruise wedding! LOL

In order to keep the costs down for our guests, we chose a shorter cruise (4/5 days) for our wedding cruise and then we will continue onto our honeymoon cruise which will either be 7 days or 9 days. The wedding cost for us would be the same so we decided to make it less expensive for our guests so more of our friends and family could go.

I don't know where you live but cruise weddings on an average are much cheaper than having a land wedding----you would probably be able to have a really nice party afterwards for guests who couldn't go on the cruise without breaking the bank. Have your wedding videotaped and show it at the at-home party---you'd probably have alot of people feeling really bad that they missed your wedding cruise!

MalibuBarbie

Archived