Vegetarian Options

bcakes

For those who are already back from Epic, I am curious to know about vegetarian options at the two meal time shows (Cirque and the murder mystery lunch). NCL's press release said there would be an option, but did not disclose what the meal would be.

Did anyone order the veg option (or sit by someone who did) at either of these shows?

Any other comments on veg friendly food on the ship are appreciated too.

For those who are already back from Epic, I am curious to know about vegetarian options at the two meal time shows (Cirque and the murder mystery lunch). NCL's press release said there would be an option, but did not disclose what the meal would be.

Did anyone order the veg option (or sit by someone who did) at either of these shows?

Hi my dh is a vegetarian. I eat fish only. I would like to also

My DD's are one of each and vegetarian is usually so much easier...but vegan can be a challange. (They won't be going to Cagney's or Moderna!!)

But I do want to do the Murder Mystery Lunch and Cirque....so I am also curious as to what the options are.

Bumping my poor lonely post. Since it seems that no one ordered the veggie options in Cirque or the murder mystery or sat near anyone who did, I would now like to request the feedback from anyone who thinks they caught a glimpse of it from across the room.

• 4 weeks later...

Now that folks are back from the first Eastern and Western Carribean cruises, I was hoping that someone could answer my question about vegetarian menu options. I'm wondering what the unnamed vegetarian options are for Cirque Dreams and the Murder Mystery Lunch. (I'm planning to book both regardless of what they feed me, but I'd like to know if I should drop by the buffet before going to the shows ;)).

Thanks for any feedback you can offer.

• 2 weeks later...

From all of the feedback I've seen on these boards about the food in the Spiegel tent, no matter what the vegetarian option is you should eat before going in. Very few people have had anything good to say about the food there. The biggest Mystery in that theater seems to be why do they serve food at all considering the poor quality.

I had the vegetarian mushroom ravoli in the Spegiel Tent for the Cirque show. I got about 5 or six ravioli -I the sauce was odd and had to keep reminding myself that I love mushrooms. Thankfully I had a snack at O'Sheehans before going to the show. Knowing better, I ate before the Mystery Lunch!

Thanks for the thoughts so far. Mushroom ravioli is actually better than what I expected the Cirque veggie option to be. Since the consensus is that the food at the shows is sub-par, I'll probably hit the buffet or O'Sheehans first. (Or maybe NCL will do something about the food options at the shows before my sailing. With the up-charge, I think it's fair for everyone to expect food at least as good as the MDR at these shows.)

We are not vegetarians--but we think the vegetarian dish in Le Bistro is delicious !! Can't remember everything in it except for the Portobello mushroom...the Le Bistro menu is posted somewhere on these boards--i think the dish may be described. I noticed that the menu for Le Bistro is the same on Epic as on other ships, so any menu will do.

I know this sounds crazy but I really thought the salad bar at Modero's would be a good vegetarian meal. I wonder if they would just let you have that with no upcharge or a minimal one. The buffet at the Garden Cafe is also nice if you are a vergetarian, you will be pleasantly surprised.

Archived