Review of splendor 06/27/2010 to mexican reveria

Congrats on your wedding and thanks for posting your review! I'll be trying this sailing again in October and since the first time was to the Mexican Riviera port of San Francisco (Swine Flu Cruise!), I'm always looking to see what others have done for excursions.

Would you recommend the Salsa and Salsa one? I was actually looking at that one yesterday. Thanks!

Congrats on your wedding and thanks for posting your review! I'll be trying this sailing again in October and since the first time was to the Mexican Riviera port of San Francisco (Swine Flu Cruise!), I'm always looking to see what others have done for excursions.

Would you recommend the Salsa and Salsa one? I was actually looking at that one yesterday. Thanks!

MOST DEFINITLY! The salsa and salsa tour is awsome and fun! Well worth the money! You can look for them on facebook too.

I Love This Review! Thanks for taking the time to write it. I have a question for you. Was the Jellyfish Warning at every port you went to? Were you able to get in the water at any of the ports? I'm looking forward to going in the water and having a beach day at, at least 2 of the ports. I hope that won't be a problem in September!

Hey Ohio Lady,

Yes, unfortunately, it was at every port. Steve and I have cruised the Carribbean alot more and this was our first time on the west coast. I found that the beaches on the west coast were more congested. Now, it may have been the tours that we were on, but in all of the years we traveled to Grand Caymans, Cozumel, Virgin Islands, their beaches are not nearly as packed with locals trying to sell stuff. That was what really got me frustrated. I couldn't even enjoy the beach. I hope the jellyfish won't be a problem in September!

Just thought I would post some more pics of the wedding...when you take a year to plan it, you want everyone to see it right??? Hope you don't mind...

35821_1394875745424_1038097417_902993_4430831_n.jpg

The young handsome boy on the left is my son, Zack, my beautiful daughters next to him, Brittany and Elizabeth, and Steve's beautiful daughters, Melissa in the solid and Nicole with her daughter Kendall...me and Steve and our DJ...

34359_1394873265362_1038097417_902970_982006_n.jpg

Our sand ceremony as we watched the singers....

then Steve sang to me in the wedding...he is a brilliant singer and plays guitar....

34359_1394873065357_1038097417_902965_4205001_n.jpg

Ok, so enough of those, I know this is about cruises.....

Congratulations on your marriage, you looked beautiful!!

I was on the ship at the same time you were and have some of the same photos, LOL! We were traveling with about 40 people and all went off to do different things in port (and on the ship), but we did all manage to get together the last night to watch the Legends show - how cool is it that your husband was Garth?!? I'm a HUGE Garth fan and thought your husband did a pretty darn good job :) We did think it was funny/cute that the one woman (I can't remember who she was supposed to be) had the words to the song written on a tiny piece of paper.

Next time we go we will go without the kids, they weren't huge fans of Camp Carnival and didn't really want to do (or were too young to do) the things we wanted to in port. We did the dolphin swim in Cabo and the water was FREEZING!!! My 7 year old loved swimming with the dolphins but did not enjoy the water all all. I've heard from quite a few people that the experience in Puerto Vallarta is nicer, so we'll have to try that one next time. We did buy the photos though - the woman ended up giving is all of the photos (plus the professional ones of just the dolphins taken over time) on a CD and 2 prints for $135. There are 62 photos on the CD, so we felt we got a good deal :)

We ate at the Pinnacle Steakhouse the same night you did, only at 7pm. The place was really empty!! The food was really good, and our server was fantastic.

I really wanted to do the Salsa tour, that is top of my list next time :)

I'm so glad you had a good time, what a great way to spend your honeymoon!

Thank you for a great review! I enjoyed seeing all of your pics, including those of your wedding - beautiful. I'm looking forward to our upcoming MR cruise and your tips and insights were helpful. Plus, you just looked like you were having so muh fun! Now I'm even more excited to go, if that was even possible.:D

Congratulations on your marriage, you looked beautiful!!

I was on the ship at the same time you were and have some of the same photos, LOL! We were traveling with about 40 people and all went off to do different things in port (and on the ship), but we did all manage to get together the last night to watch the Legends show - how cool is it that your husband was Garth?!? I'm a HUGE Garth fan and thought your husband did a pretty darn good job :) We did think it was funny/cute that the one woman (I can't remember who she was supposed to be) had the words to the song written on a tiny piece of paper.

Next time we go we will go without the kids, they weren't huge fans of Camp Carnival and didn't really want to do (or were too young to do) the things we wanted to in port. We did the dolphin swim in Cabo and the water was FREEZING!!! My 7 year old loved swimming with the dolphins but did not enjoy the water all all. I've heard from quite a few people that the experience in Puerto Vallarta is nicer, so we'll have to try that one next time. We did buy the photos though - the woman ended up giving is all of the photos (plus the professional ones of just the dolphins taken over time) on a CD and 2 prints for $135. There are 62 photos on the CD, so we felt we got a good deal :)

We ate at the Pinnacle Steakhouse the same night you did, only at 7pm. The place was really empty!! The food was really good, and our server was fantastic.

I really wanted to do the Salsa tour, that is top of my list next time :)

I'm so glad you had a good time, what a great way to spend your honeymoon!

Oh my gosh...how wild that you were on the same ship.....we probably saw you...send some pictures on here....You did get a good deal on that CD. There were alot of groups! We saw many large groups! We always have a good time. We go on a cruise every year but I never knew how to do a review with pictures until now. I hate reading reviews without pics. It is much more personal when there are pictures and Steve and I are openly friendly people.

What dining room where you in? We were in the Pearl, downstairs, at 6:00...we were at the very back...Saturday night was pretty rough. The ship really got to me in the dining room.

Thank you for a great review! I enjoyed seeing all of your pics, including those of your wedding - beautiful. I'm looking forward to our upcoming MR cruise and your tips and insights were helpful. Plus, you just looked like you were having so muh fun! Now I'm even more excited to go, if that was even possible.:D

Robin,

I am so glad you are excited from my review. I love it when people share their experiences on a cruise. Especially when they provide pictures because you kind of feel like you are peaking into their private life?? But with permission!

Enjoy your cruise.

We are doing the Alaska cruise next year!

No, you are kinda stuck with one taxi company so yes, we had to pay $20 to get back....once you exit the park, they have a guy there who will get the taxi for you but like I say, one company...no bargaining power...

Thanks, good to know!! And another question (I'm sorry), but did you pay for the lockers at the park? or did they just let you use them the whole time you were there?

the paparazzi follow me everywhere....

37252_141735822506887_100000114108878_421194_6134138_n.jpg

lol! :D

Also love the pic of your hubby and Elton. :) Looks like fun!

At least you had warnings about the jellyfish. We jumped in to snorkel off our boat and discovered first hand that there were jellyfish. :eek: THEN the boat decided to warn everyone. :mad:

Thanks for posting your review with all the pics! I was on the ship a little over a month ago and your pics really bring it back to me! We had completely different on shore activities than you did, so it's cool to see what others got to see.

Can you tell me, did you book the Salsa and Salsa on the ship or private and what was the cost, we go this January and cant wait, dh loves salsa and guacomole and I drink the Margarita's. LOL

Congrats on the marriage, you looked beautiful.

How much was the Lands End tour...Really beautiful water!

Thanks,

Sandy

Needless to say, Steve and I (Cynthia) are from Fort Worth, Texas and we have gone on a cruise for the last 4 years. All with Carnival. We love cruising. We only go by ourselves. We don't take any kids as both of our daughters are grown and fully capable of paying for themselves (wink)..... but my son who is 12 gets left behind. However, we do take him on some mini vacation during the summer. We firmly believed before we got married and will continue now after that couples need time away to be with each other. To get away from the drama and stresses at home and that is what Steve and I do each year.

This cruise-

Olga from Russia was the Karaoke DJ and I thought she did a horrible job. She was very unorganized, she did not have a wide selection of music and she did not really interact with the guests. She pretty much let people sing. She would sit and wait for them to finish. I was very dissappointed...she didn't even have Neil Diamonds Sweet Caroline in the mix!!!! Everybody has that one.....but come to find out....this was her 3rd week as the DJ...she was working in the hospitality and food section and the position came open and she applied and got it. Oh well...she is very nice but her English is VERY VERY BROKEN!

The piano bar-

Have no idea what his name was, he was decent. We only listend to him for about 30 minutes one night. He wasn't very fun, but could play the piano pretty good and could sing a little. LIke I said, I pretty much stayed in the hot tub.

The Cloud 9 spa-

Was awsome, the ladies there were all very friendly and beautiful. I did not do the massages and stuff but the spa was very nice. They have several sauna rooms and rooms that had heated seats....do visit that if you get a chance.

The Golden Pearl Main Dining Room-

Noel was our waiter and yes I sang the First Noel to him each night...he was great. Food was always good.

The Splendor Dancers-

The Vroom show was AWSOME!!! OH it was soo good....catch it. The main female singer got on my nerves a little, she sang good but was so....cruisline...singer....ish...

The cruise director Goose....

was good....kept us well informed.

Well, I guess that is all I can think of...it has been fun doing this review. We are already booking the Alaska cruise for probably in August of next year....so look for that review next year.

Til then......see yall on board sometime!

Thanks for the wonderful review, and congratulations! You were a beautiful bride.

We were on the Mariner of the Seas the same week June 27-July 4 for the same itinerary. We had such a great time, Our youngest daughter wants to go for her graduation present. We are going to book the Splendor tomorrow for the May 8 voyage next spring. Looks like a beautiful ship.

Thanks for the great photos!

Hey Cruisinlovers. Nice review. Looks like overall you had a great time. I'm sorry we didn't get to meet you and your DH. The funny part is the only people we did meet from CC were your tablemates. I even popped in to see the Sir Elton John performance. :)

The one thing we did and felt it was worth the money was the behind the fun tour. One of the early portions of the tour was backstage for the main showroom and you wouldn't believe the tiny dressing room the dancers have to deal with or the steep ramp they go up and down to the stage. It was hard in tennis shoes, let alone heels. :eek: If you get a chance to do this on a future cruise, I would recommend it. Maybe we'll sail at the same time again and actually meet.

Archived