HELP! Do I need sneakers for zip-lining in Belize?

gslargent

Going zip-lining with cave-tubing.com in Belize next week. Do I need to bring sneakers just for this? If not, I'd like to get away without the extra weight in my suitcase. I have closed toed water shoes and athletic sandals that I plan to bring and was hoping that those will work for zip-lining. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

Sandals for zip lining? :eek: No way. You're walking through the jungle on narrow dirt and rocky paths. In the Belize zip line tour you actually have to repel (sp?) also.

My Opinion Only but trying to do this excursion with sandals would be a huge mistake for safety reasons. I also believe there will be some type of warning either when you purchase the excursion or when you get your ticket that closed toed shoes are required.

I did ziplining in Belize in November and I wore water shoes. It wasn't required to wear sneakers( just closed toe shoes) and it was so much easier to just wear the water shoes for both ziplining and cave tubing. The water shoes were perfect so no worries!

Going zip-lining with cave-tubing.com in Belize next week. Do I need to bring sneakers just for this? If not, I'd like to get away without the extra weight in my suitcase. I have closed toed water shoes and athletic sandals that I plan to bring and was hoping that those will work for zip-lining. Thanks for your thoughts on this.

We did a zipline in St. lucia through carnival and there were some girls and thier mother in the line with us they were asked if they had other shoes (they were wearing sandles) and they said they had runners on the ship, they were told to go put them on or they would not be able to zip. Having done it YES YOU WANT RUNNERS :p:eek:

You need closed toed shoes, but I seen people in sandals. I would suggest Roatan over Belize, but they are both great places to zip line.

Agreed! There are 13 lines in Roatan vs 11 (I think) in Belize and the longest line at Roatan is 1000 feet vs I think 250 feet in Belize.

Either way you'll have fun. I would suggest closed toed shoes.

We were just in Roatan and Belize last week. :)

Archived