Seattle Car Rental Question

Len3

We have a full day post-cruise with really nothing to do as we're doing a 3 day pre-cruise in Seattle. My question is - can we pick-up a car somewhere close to the Pier and return it to the airport? We have plenty of time and would like to tour the Boeing Plant in Everett. If this can be done, what car company should we use?

I need some help with this as we leave for Seattle on Friday!

Hope this isn't too late...we're renting with Avis...picking the car up downtown. You can return to the airport with Avis without extra cost. Picking the car up AT the airport is VERY expensive...lots of taxes...

I went to Travelocity and booked our car for 2 days in Seattle pre-cruise. We're walking and exploring the day we fly in and picking up the car for day 2 and 3. Hope this helps....

Are there any special codes for picking up downtown and dropping at the airport? I've checked the companies listed through their websites and I am getting nothing but high prices to pick up downtown and drop off at SEA.

Renting downtown and dropping off at the airport involves a lot of taxes and fees. They all have them, unfortunately.

Renting downtown and dropping off at the airport involves a lot of taxes and fees. They all have them, unfortunately.

Actually the airport concession fee and customer facility charge apply to cars picked up at the airport, not dropped off. However, some companies charge a higher daily base rate for downtown pickups, so it can be cheaper to rent and return at the airport. Very dependent on company, day of week, phase of moon, color of eyes, etc. In other words, shop around.

Archived