Transportaton to FCO from hotel

ajpack

We will be staying somewhere near FCO after our cruise. Our flight home leaves at 6:30AM, so we will have to be at the airport around 3:30AM. Most of the hotel shuttles only begin around 6:00....what do I do? Are there private taxis available at that hour?

Also...any recommendations for a hotel that is reasonable? We have reservations at Best Western Riviera, but have been reading many negative reviews lately. Will probably cancel. Staying in Ostia is also a possibility. Suggestions??

We will be staying somewhere near FCO after our cruise. Our flight home leaves at 6:30AM, so we will have to be at the airport around 3:30AM. Most of the hotel shuttles only begin around 6:00....what do I do? Are there private taxis available at that hour?

Also...any recommendations for a hotel that is reasonable? We have reservations at Best Western Riviera, but have been reading many negative reviews lately. Will probably cancel. Staying in Ostia is also a possibility. Suggestions??

Why not try the Hilton at FCO?

Just walk the ramp and you are at the airport.

Enjoy!!!

Taxis can be ordered 24 hours a day. Whichever hotel you wind up staying in, ask the desk clerk to take care of ordering a taxi for you to arrive at the appropriate hour.

Speaking of the appropriate hour, 3:30 AM for a 6:30 AM flight is too early. I know that three hours prior to an international flight is the standard, but this early in the morning you won't find employees ready to check you in.

Are you perhaps taking a connecting flight within the Schengen countries on your way home? If so, your first flight will be treated like a domestic one and you'll go through passport control where you change flights.

I have checked the Hilton, but I don't want to spend $450 a night for a room!!

We are flying through Brussels on the way home ....what time do you think we have to be there?

I would check with your airline to find out time their check in desk opens, then plan to be there a few minutes before that. My guess is it will be about 90 minutes prior to the flight at that hour, but I'd want to hear it from them to be sure.

I have checked the Hilton, but I don't want to spend $450 a night for a room!!

How about $75?

If you still have 3 months until then, you can get the 40,000 HHonors points that you'll use to book the room.

Open an American Express Hilton Surpass card, pay annual fee of $75 for the first year, make a purchase, get 40,000 HHonors points (may take 1-2 months to post ; I guess you could contact AMEX to get them to post faster).

Book the Hilton at FCO airport for 40,000 HHonors points. And before the second year (and second annual fee) comes around, either downgrade to a regular Amex Hilton card (no annual fee) or simply close the card.

I would check with your airline to find out time their check in desk opens, then plan to be there a few minutes before that. My guess is it will be about 90 minutes prior to the flight at that hour, but I'd want to hear it from them to be sure.

Assuming this is the 6:45 Brussels Air flight, they say 70 minutes for check-in (which is not the same thing as arriving at the airport 70 minutes before flight time. They really do close luggage at 40 minutes prior to departure, so I would certainly not want to be waiting in line at that time.

Archived