honfleur or rouen?

dksailaway

My wife and I are booked on the 5/05/11 transatlantic and British isles cruise on the Grand Princess. When docked in Le Havre, which excursion do you recommend going on - Rouen or Honfleur? Thanks for your input.

dksailaway

If you're adventuresome, why not rent a car and go to both Honfleur and Rouen. We did just that a few years ago, with another couple. We took a cab to the car rental and back to the ship when we returned... it was quite close. We were in Le Havre until 7 pm so we didn't have any time constraints. Honfleur is a charming little town... you can walk around and see most of it in an hour. Rouen is larger, so you need longer to explore the area. If I had to choose, I think I would say Rouen... lots of history, more to see.

• 1 month later...
Honfleur would be easier to do on your own using the public bus....only 4 Euros per person.

Can you tell us where the bus depot is located?

Last time we were there we got a rental car with another couple. The other man had all the maps but was afraid to drive so my DH drove.

We had a terrific day!

We will also be on the TA 5/5 2011

My wife and I are booked on the 5/05/11 transatlantic and British isles cruise on the Grand Princess. When docked in Le Havre, which excursion do you recommend going on - Rouen or Honfleur? Thanks for your input.

dksailaway

Are you signed in on our roll call?

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1171567

DW and I try to avoid ship's tours, but the one we took off the Grand to Rouen last year was fantastic. Beautiful countryside, interesting city, Giverny, and an excellent lunch outdoors in a rather quaint setting. If it's still offered, I highly recommend it. Of course, the day was perfect and that always helps.

Archived