Vista 'wake view' wrap-around comparisons

travelmatron

On the Vista class ships I've heard that the verandah on the stern of the fourth deck is the largest, and that the verandahs on the fifth deck are completely covered. Are the corner cabins themselves the same on each deck? Are there any other differences in verandah sizes? For those of you who have cruised in these cabins, do you have any special recommendations? We’ve stayed on the seventh deck and liked it. Would we be just as happy somewhere else?

On the Vista class ships I've heard that the verandah on the stern of the fourth deck is the largest, and that the verandahs on the fifth deck are completely covered. Are the corner cabins themselves the same on each deck? Are there any other differences in verandah sizes? For those of you who have cruised in these cabins, do you have any special recommendations? We’ve stayed on the seventh deck and liked it. Would we be just as happy somewhere else?

This is info on one of the Vista Class ships, Zuiderdam. The info should be exactly the same for all 4 Vistas

SA, SB and SC Stateroom Sizes NOT including Verandah/Balcony

I received the following information regarding SA,SB and SC Stateroom sizes on the Zuiderdam May 31, 2010.

These sizes are NOT including the Verandah/Balcony, just the stateroom themselves.

Since the Zuiderdam is a Vista Class, I would guess that the sizes are extremely similar on the other Vistas; Noordam, Oosterdam and Westerdam.

Cabin # Suite Size

Deck 4 Upper Promenade Deck

SC4180 + SC4185 324 sq ft (Aft Wraparound)

Deck 5 Verandah Deck

SC5190 + SC5191 365 sq ft (Aft Wraparound)

Deck 6 Upper Verandah Deck

SC6166 + SC6177 311 sq ft (Aft Wraparound)

SC6164 + SC6175 311 sq ft (Aft Stateroom)

SB6084, 6086, 6088 393 sq ft (Midship Port Side)

SB6093, 6095, 6097 393 sq ft (Midship Starboard Side)

Deck 7 Rotterdam Deck

SB7142 – SB7151 315 sq ft (Aft Wraparound)

SB7088 + SB7093 270 sq ft (Bend of Ship)

SA7048 – SA7086 391 sq ft (Midship Port Side)

SA7047 + SA7053 391 sq ft (Midship)

SA7057 – SA7091 391 sq ft (Midship Starboard Side)

Deck 8 Navigation Deck

SB8140 + SB8147 300 sq ft (Aft Wraparound)

My thanks to HNLGAL for passing this info on to us

Joanie

The stern verandas on the Noordam are different from the other three Vistas. The pic below is the Zuiderdam, showing that the deck 4 verandas are larger and more exposed, and the deck 5 ones are completely covered. The Oosterdam and Westerdam are like this.

The Noordam stern is evenly sloped, so that 4 is not larger nor is 5 covered any more than 4, 6, or 7. Deck 8 has a lot of coverage on all four ships, but probably a little more so on the Noordam.

2626037400099632937S500x500Q85.jpg

jtl513s photo is the Zuiderdam today. This is a pic of the Zuiderdam stern before her aft reconfiguration. (Click on thumbnail to enlarge.)

Is it possible that this is how Noordam looks now and that she will look like the Zuiderdam's "after photo" if she gets the same reconfiguring?

ZuidyWakeCabins2.jpg.404382aca83a3e6acc0dc5ca95d98cdd.jpg

Is it possible that this is how Noordam looks now and that she will look like the Zuiderdam's "after photo" if she gets the same reconfiguring?
No, this is the way the Noordam looks now ... much like the Eurodam and Nieuw Amsterdam slope. I don't believe it'll ever be altered, because there's not much to be gained by doing so. On the other three Vistas they were able to add a lot of cabins and increase the capacity by about 200 people by extending decks 5 through 9, but that's not possible here. If they made the stern perfectly vertical they might gain a cabin on each side on the top two decks, but that gain would not justify the cost.

2988580980099632937S425x425Q85.jpg

It is my understanding the cabins and wraparound balconies of the corner aft suites on Deck 5 of the Zuiderdam are the largest. (5190 and 5191) Sure looks that way on the deck plans to me.:) Yes they are covered .a plus for privacy and drippy weather.

Be so happy to give a first hand account on my return this Sept from Alaska.;)

Yes, we like that 7th deck suite. The rooms may be a bit smaller, but we just live on the verandah. We had been on the Oosterdam before they changed the stern, and were afraid that we wouldn't like the new smaller verandah's, but it actually ended up make no difference to us. There's still plenty of room! We had planned on taking an SC on the 6th deck, and then I read thread about all the differences on the Eurodam and realized I was just making the assumption that the cabins and verandahs were all the same, and they aren't after all.

I was thinking that deck 5 sounded great for Alaska.

We had deck six for Alaska and loved it! (Of course we had clear weather.) Here is our balcony ... side and aft. Deck five (5191) below ours has a larger, fully covered balcony.

P1000817_0035.jpg

P1000822_0030.jpg

This is Zuiderdam stern June 2010:

ZSTERN_0196.jpg

ZSTERN_0191.jpg

Yes, we like that 7th deck suite. The rooms may be a bit smaller, but we just live on the verandah. We had been on the Oosterdam before they changed the stern, and were afraid that we wouldn't like the new smaller verandah's, but it actually ended up make no difference to us. There's still plenty of room! We had planned on taking an SC on the 6th deck, and then I read thread about all the differences on the Eurodam and realized I was just making the assumption that the cabins and verandahs were all the same, and they aren't after all.

YOU are the reason I chose 7142 for our Alaska B2b in Sept 2011!!!

That said, looking at the photos it looks to me as if I should have plenty of room to park my scooter in the stateroom at all times. Am I correct in this assumption?? If not, no biggie, I will just have housekeeping take it each night and return it to me in the morings. But wanted to find out now, if possible:)

Joanie

The Noordam, being the last Vista built, already incorporated the steeper, less staircased, stern. Thus will NOT receive the retrofit given to the other Vistas.

I was in a Stern cabin on the Zuiderdam pre-alteration, so can't speak to current overhangs, except that they look different from the Westerdam in these photos, more below. (my Westie pics are on another hard drive or I would post them)

The 2008 alterations to the Z added 34 Cabins, thus 68 additional PAX, and not the 200 mentioned above.

I was also in a Stern cabin on the Westerdam for Alaska on deck 8, and the balcony is definitely totally covered. For Alaska this is a Good Thing.

The Stern is absolutely the best place to be for Alaska, which is why I specifically booked it.

You will NOT be disappointed !

The 2008 alterations to the Z added 34 Cabins, thus 68 additional PAX, and not the 200 mentioned above.
You're right. 200 is the (approximate) increase of the Eurodam over the Vistas, and I plucked the wrong number from my memory bank! :o:o;)

YOU are the reason I chose 7142 for our Alaska B2b in Sept 2011!!!

That said, looking at the photos it looks to me as if I should have plenty of room to park my scooter in the stateroom at all times. Am I correct in this assumption?? If not, no biggie, I will just have housekeeping take it each night and return it to me in the morings. But wanted to find out now, if possible:)

Joanie[/quote

If I did that, then I'm proud. Looking at these photos only confirms what I think about the wrap around cabins. I think there will be room for your scooter. There is a coffe table and two chairs, and for us one of the chairs was in the way so we asked our cabin steward to remove it. That gave us a lot more space.

Archived