Can they bake a cake with a ring

chauffeurboy

My wife and I will be celebrating our 17th wedding anniversary on the Brilliance. :D I bought her a special ring that she has wanted for quite some time now. I was wondering if they would be able to bake me a small cake and put the ring inside the cake and serve it to her after dinner.

I have been crying extreme financial poverty to my wife since paying for this cruise and have given her the impression that she will be lucky to get a greeting card or something of similar value.

Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.

What a lovely surprise!

I believe all ships have small cakes for purchase for special occasions. If I were you, I'd have the cake delivered to your table, and have the ring (please wrap it in a bit of saran!) in your pocket. Have the waiter distract your wife, and then you can lift up a corner of the cake and insert the ring in the bottom.

Great idea. She'll be SO excited. Ahhh, if there were only MORE men like you in this world.:)

While this sounds like a very romantic idea. You don't want her to SWALLOW the ring. Perhaps placing it ON TOP of the cake (cup cake) would be safer.

But I like the way you think. Romance is wasted on single people. You have to be married to consider yourself a true "Lover"

Ricardo Montalban once said that the greatest lover he ever knew was his father. Dogs can have sex. But to love the same woman for 50 years? That’s the mark of a true lover.

On our Serenade of the Seas cruise last March, my DH had bought me a lovely

emerald ring while we were in Barbados. He slipped it to the waiter during

dinner later that night and when I ordered Baked Alaska for dessert, there it

sat at the very top. Our dinner companions said they wished they had ordered that one!

I would be afraid to give it to them and let them bake it for you. Too many things can go wrong. What if they lose it? What if it gets stolen? What if the mistakenly deliver it to the wrong table? I love the idea, but the others had some good alternative suggestions.

Good Luck

Missyal

Archived