Any Info on the Miracle?

NJ04SS

Hey All

I am considering a cruise on the Miracle this August. Any info on the ship? Is it close to size/comparison with the NCL Dawn? Is it a fun ship? I appreciate any and all help. Hows the food on this ship? 24 hour pizzeria? Do they have a sandwich shop? Still have to pick between two dining times? They still have the deli/sandwhich shop? They have a buffet and room service I assume still the same?

We are basically wanting a fun ship, and its between this, and the Dawn going to bermuda. Appreciate the info, also if you have pics.

Sailed on her in May for the 2nd time. Loved her so much we are going again next May.

Here is my review of her.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1208743&highlight=

There are two photo albums of our last cruise on her at the top. If you go back further, we sailed her in May 08 and those photos are there too.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hill6

I address the food in the review. It is good. There is a 24/7 pizzeria on all Carnival ships. There is also a Deli and Chinese station at the buffet. There is early, late and anytime dining. You need to pick when booking. You can request change when onboard if you don't like. We have always done early and our next cruise we are doing anytime.

Hey All

I am considering a cruise on the Miracle this August. Any info on the ship? Is it close to size/comparison with the NCL Dawn? Is it a fun ship? I appreciate any and all help. Hows the food on this ship? 24 hour pizzeria? Do they have a sandwich shop? Still have to pick between two dining times? They still have the deli/sandwhich shop? They have a buffet and room service I assume still the same?

We are basically wanting a fun ship, and its between this, and the Dawn going to bermuda. Appreciate the info, also if you have pics.

I am not sure about the size comparison to the Dawn. I sailed this past April and rebooked for next May as I had a great time. I found the food to be very good and enjoyed the Lido. The 24 hr pizzeria

is pretty good and they also serve garlic bread and caesar salad.

They also have a deli counter and the sandwiches are delicious. For dining you have a choice of early,late or anytime dining. The buffet is on Lido in the same area as the deli and pizzeria. Several counters

with various choices changing daily. Room service is 24 hours with a limited menu. It is a nice ship with friendly crew. I can't wait to go again!!:D

Sailed on her in May for the 2nd time. Loved her so much we are going again next May.

There are two photo albums of our last cruise on her at the top. If you go back further, we sailed her in May 08 and those photos are there too.

http://community.webshots.com/user/hill6

I address the food in the review. It is good. There is a 24/7 pizzeria on all Carnival ships. There is also a Deli and Chinese station at the buffet. There is early, late and anytime dining. You need to pick when booking. You can request change when onboard if you don't like. We have always done early and our next cruise we are doing anytime.

I am booked also for the May 14th sailing!!!!!! Can hardly wait.

Hey All

We have been on the Miracle twice and wouldn't hesitate to cruise on her again. The Miracle is indeed a Fun Ship. The CD, Malcolm Burn, (he is awesome and from the Bronx) , is always walking around the ship and interacting with guests. If we saw him once, we saw him a dozen times chatting with other passengers. The staff was well trained and friendly and the food was good. They do have a NY Deli and 24 hour pizza. People rave about the pizza, but in all honesty, I think it is OK. The deli on the othre hand is great. We like traditional dinning, but I think they offer my time dinning which is similar to NCL's freestyle. They do have a buffet on the Lido deck, however, you can eat in the dinning room all three meals if you prefer or you can order through room service. They also have a Dinner Club which is like NCL's steakhouse. Several of the shows are fantastic. Our favorite was the tribute to the Beatles, The Ticket to Ride show. My comparison to NCL is as follows:

Room Steward, Carnival is better

Overall Service, Carnival is better

Shows equal. NCL had Hawaiian theme, Carnival Miracle troop is very good

Food. NCL is better

Chocolate Extravaganza, NCL is better

Dinning Room Service, Carnival is better

Activities, both are equal

This is our opinion of the two lines. I compared the Carnival Miracle to the NCL Star. Others may feel differently and that's OK. This is just the way we feel. I will tell you that the best poolside bar sevice we have ever recieved was on the NCL Star, but that was the only good service we received on that cruise. Hope this helps.:D

Wow I appreciate this all very much! Great info. My only reason Bulldog for saying hope this is a "fun ship", is because the deciding factor on this cruise VS. NCL cruise is that this ship should, and is suppose to have the fun factor. We went on the Victory two years ago, and it was fun- staff was great, everyone got involved, crew was so friendly, and the shows - comedians, were better then the NCL (the shows were better, the comedians much more funny and the cruise director and staff were a lot more fun).

As I agree, NCL's food was better, so far their two ships beat the Carnival ship. However, I still can't wait - we are pricing now:D:cool:

If you start with a positive frame of mind it helps..;) I have never had a bad cruise ------ because I did not let it happen.. Sometimes you have to make your own fun!!:D

Bulldog

I've seen this phenomenon in action. 'Dog makes everyone have a better time. - Great couple to be around on a cruise.

We were on the Miracle in January and absolutely loved it.

Richard

I've seen this phenomenon in action. 'Dog makes everyone have a better time. - Great couple to be around on a cruise.

Richard

Hi Ya Richard. How is Maureen? Hope all is well. We did have a great time on the Miracle, didn't we?:D Hopefully we will sail with each other again.:)

Hi Ya Richard. How is Maureen? Hope all is well. We did have a great time on the Miracle, didn't we?:D Hopefully we will sail with each other again.:)

Hey, guys! Yes we did. But that's because you are just like Bulldog - you make your own fun and then share it with everyone around you. Maureen will be pleased that I heard from you.

The Miracle was just a great ship. Nice size, fun things to do all the time - and a great Cruise Critic group.

Richard

Hey, guys! Yes we did. But that's because you are just like Bulldog - you make your own fun and then share it with everyone around you. Maureen will be pleased that I heard from you.

The Miracle was just a great ship. Nice size, fun things to do all the time - and a great Cruise Critic group.

Richard

I agree, the Miracle is probably my favorite Carnival ship so far.:D Good to see you.

Richard

Hello Richard.. We loved the Miracle so much we are doing a repeat in May.. If your not doing anything that week come join us!!:p We just love sailaway out of NYC.. Say hello to Maureen..

Bulldog

You mentioned in your review that you had the wall between balconies removed. I am very interested in this. We are traveling with D-MIL and there are very few connecting cabins. We need to sleep six between the two cabins so we cannot get them connecting. Having the open balcony would solve our problem as well as give her a little privacy when needed.

Someone please respond if they still do this! Thanks so much!! :confused:

You mentioned in your review that you had the wall between balconies removed. I am very interested in this. We are traveling with D-MIL and there are very few connecting cabins. We need to sleep six between the two cabins so we cannot get them connecting. Having the open balcony would solve our problem as well as give her a little privacy when needed.

Someone please respond if they still do this! Thanks so much!! :confused:

They do open the balcony doors. You have to fill out request at Customer Service (Purser's Desk) They do it on a sea day. We actually had to wait till the second sea day as it was a bit windy the first day. The problem is that the door opens to the railing and blocks about 4-5 feet of the balcony railing. My Mom didn't like this as it was her balcony that was blocked. I found and uploaded some pics of the balcony opened

2781235870048107033ySdWwd_th.jpg

2687624320048107033BTuqra_th.jpg

Archived