What to do with 3 and 4 year old?

somekevinguy

We are cruising with our 3 and 4 year old. I am perfectly happy just staying on the boat the whole time but the wife insists on getting off in port. Any recommendations on what to do with a 3 and 4 year old in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo? Would you even go ashore in any of those destinations with kids those ages? Do you think it is safe? If so what would you recommend? It would be nice to do some nice things and make the wife happy. We are sailing on Carnival. Should I book any of the stuff through them?

We are cruising with our 3 and 4 year old. I am perfectly happy just staying on the boat the whole time but the wife insists on getting off in port. Any recommendations on what to do with a 3 and 4 year old in Puerto Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo? Would you even go ashore in any of those destinations with kids those ages? Do you think it is safe? If so what would you recommend? It would be nice to do some nice things and make the wife happy. We are sailing on Carnival. Should I book any of the stuff through them?

We've done the MR only once and DD was 8 years old at the time. I never felt unsafe there--certainly felt safer there than in some American cities. :)

I would get off the ship with kids that age. I'll bet they'd enjoy a glass-bottom boat trip in Cabo. There are also resorts in the ports that have children's areas and would provide a fun relaxing time for your family.

We don't book excursions through the ship--too many people on them and they cost a lot more than booking on your own. We do look at the excursions available through the ship and if there's something we really find interesting, we find an independent to book with. There are lots of recommendations on Cruise Critic for reputable vendors.

If you do a search on this forum (maybe search "children"), you'll probably find quite a few ideas for excursions for your family.

Have a wonderful cruise!

In all of these ports I feel safer then I would bringing my family to many American cities.....Maybe try a AI resort in Nuevo (30 mins north of PV) for the day....Marival, Dreams, Rui..or go south the Dreams PV...try the search engine here to pull up many threads about them.

Mazatlan take them to Stone Island for the day...we did this with our 14 year old and had a great time.

Cabo I like the idea of a water taxi out to Lover's beach but there are many other posters here that know so much more about Cabo then I do. Let them guide you.

Personally I don't book through the ship especially for these ports...way cheaper to DIY :D

Archived