Miami hotels with airport shuttle??

mysolo

We're flying into MIA late. What's a nice Miami hotel (not too fancy, too large or too cheap either!) that has a free shuttle from the airport? Do any of the downtown hotels offer a free shuttle from the airport?

Thanks so much.:)

Check out the hotels in the Blue Lagoon area near MIA (Hampton Inn, Homewood Suites, and others) - free airport shuttle, quiet area, shopping center within walking distance with drug and grocery stores (also a liquor store:D) in case you need to shop for cruise supplies the next day. Sleep in, enjoy breakfast, maybe enjoy a swim, and then cab or shuttle to POM - a taxi will run under $30 including tip (some hotels offer shuttle service for about $10 per passenger). The ride to the port takes about 20 minutes.

Downtown hotels will require a $25 cab ride, and another $10-12 taxi to POM, but you might get a better deal down there via Priceline or Hotwire. Good luck!:)

Thanks for the quick reply. The Hampton Inn & Suites Blue Lagoon 1)gets a great rating on Tripadvisor website.. 2)free shuttle from airport.. 3)and a recommendation by another CC member to eat Cuban at Casa Juan across the street, so I think that might be it. Also found a shuttle recommended by CC members (Floridalimo) for $21pp from the hotel to the Ft. Lauderdale Port Everglades.

I'm traveling with my 90 year old mother so it's best to keep things as simple as possible.

Thank you so much!

Casa Juan was great when we were there - not expensive and lots of locals (always a good sign!:cool:). There's also a nice looking Italian and a Chinese place in the same shopping center.

Your price for transport is great - I'm writing that one down. Good luck!:)

We stayed in the blue lagoon area but stayed at the Hyatt Summerfield. It was good and within walking distance of Publix grocery store, CVS & Walgreens. DH and my Mom went to eat at Cubans and said it was good. There is also a liquor store which by the way closes early (8pm on Saturday) :eek: Thank goodness it opened at 10am the next morning so we could buy some "stuff" before the cruise.

Hyatt had a great hot breakfast buffett and airport shuttle.

Also we used to QLS transportation to Port Everglades. It was a total of $75 for the 5 of us. Great company!

Embassy Suites has a shuttle and made to order Breakfast... the rooms are large and you can get one for less than $120 usually which is pretty good for Miami..

I have also know some friends that have stayed at various 4* downtown hotels like the Hyatt & Hilton for around $50 from winning bids on Priceline...

• 2 weeks later...

Archived