Luggage on the train from Rome to Venice

mlymd

We are flying in Rome a few days before our cruise which leaves from Venice. We would like to take the train to Venice but will have several bags of luggage since our cruise is 18 days long. Is there a limit to the amount of luggage you can take on the train? Where does one store their luggage? Any help would be appreciated.

I do not know about a limit, but the luggage is placed at the ends of the cars, where you enter an exit the train.

I think we had 2 large and 2 small carry size bags. I bought a cheap bike cable lock to secure the luggage, since it is not in view during much of your trip.

I do not know about a limit, but the luggage is placed at the ends of the cars, where you enter an exit the train.

I think we had 2 large and 2 small carry size bags. I bought a cheap bike cable lock to secure the luggage, since it is not in view during much of your trip.

Good idea.

I usually try to seat close to the bags and am always around at every stop, just in case.

As much as it may annoy people, I generally wind up with my luggage with me either in the aisle or alongside my seat. The issue stems from the fact that, even on the new Frecciargento trains (the ones that go between Rome and Venice), there are only two or four spots for large pieces of luggage per car, and these are cars with as many as 80 seats.

If you have large luggage, you need to be sure you are among the first on board in order to get one of these precious spots.

From the Trenitalia website (sorry, only in Italian)

ETR 600

ImgArt_ETR600Frecciargento-125x80.jpg Risultato degli sforzi compiuti per offrire un prodotto sempre più comodo e tecnologico, l’ETR 600 Frecciargento è un treno a composizione fissa (2 vetture di 1a classe; 4 vetture di 2a classe; 1 vettura speciale) dotato di impianto di climatizzazione e diffusione sonora per tenere sempre informati i clienti sull’andamento del viaggio. Tutti i posti sono dotati di prese di corrente al posto.

In 1a classe nella vettura n°1, 44 posti a sedere; 3 spazi per bagagli di grandi dimensioni; 1 toilette; 1 area multifunzionale; 1 monitor LCD touch screen nel vestibolo.

Nella vettura n° 2: 56 posti a sedere; 2 spazi per bagagli di grandi dimensioni; 2 toilette; 1 monitor LCD touch screen nel vestibolo.

In 2a seconda classe nella vettura 3: 24 posti a sedere di 2a classe; 1 toilette attrezzata per disabili; 2 posti per disabili; 1 pedana per disabili; 1 area bar-bistrot.

Nelle vetture 4-5-6: 80 posti a sedere; 4 spazi per bagagli di grandi dimensioni; 1 Toilette; 1 monitor LCD touch screen nel vestibolo.

Nella vettura 7: 66 posti a sedere; 2 spazi per bagagli di grandi dimensioni; 1 Toilette; 1 monitor LCD touch screen nel vestibolo.

Archived