Solstice Cabin Question

yayvacation!

Hey everyone! Looking to book a Solstice cruise for January, 2011 and looking for the largest possible balcony without going to crazy in Cabin category!!

We will book either a Sky suite or a Celebrity suite, does anyone have any opinions or photos on the best rooms to book in either cabin category that have a larger than expected or pictured balcony?

Basically I want the biggest balcony for the buck! Sky Suite 1666 aft looked like it had a large balcony, has anyone stayed in that room? Or it's sister 1663 aft?

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!

Hey everyone! Looking to book a Solstice cruise for January, 2011 and looking for the largest possible balcony without going to crazy in Cabin category!!

We will book either a Sky suite or a Celebrity suite, does anyone have any opinions or photos on the best rooms to book in either cabin category that have a larger than expected or pictured balcony?

Basically I want the biggest balcony for the buck! Sky Suite 1666 aft looked like it had a large balcony, has anyone stayed in that room? Or it's sister 1663 aft?

Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!

I've stayed in 1663 on Solstice and Equinox--I'm definitely a fan of this room. I don't really have another balcony to compare it to...was definitely big enough for our purposes. If you upgrade to Celebrity Suite, I've researched it some and it looks like 1615/1618 have the best balconies.

If large balcony is more important than interior room size, I believe that some of the staterooms on the slanted portion of the hump (that are non-suites) have balconies that are actually larger than Sky Suites and most Celebrity Suite balconies. For example Auqa Class: 1610, 1606, 1605, and 1601 all have very large balconies (they are not wider than normal balconies, but are nearly three times as deep). Similar cabins on other decks also have large balconies. While Sky Suites and Celebrity suites will have wider balconies than these, they will not be nearly as deep and the total square footage I believe is a bit larger on the staterooms on the slanted portion of the hump. This way you can get a large balcony at a much cheaper price.

If you do want to stick with a suite, I believe that 1615, 1618, 1233 and 1110 have the largest balconies (they are Celebrity Suites that are on the slanted portion of the hump). The balconies are both wide and deep.

Hope you guys don't mind me jumping in with more questions.

We have booked room 7307 on Equinox is it the same type of corner room as 1666 and 1663? Are these balconies all the same or smaller. Cost was really high so may just book Aqua class if no outstanding

I've stayed in 1663 on Solstice and Equinox--I'm definitely a fan of this room. I don't really have another balcony to compare it to...was definitely big enough for our purposes. If you upgrade to Celebrity Suite, I've researched it some and it looks like 1615/1618 have the best balconies.

We are looking at Sky Suite , #8345. We've found lots of pictures doing google search and the room looks large and a pretty big balcony. Strange columns in the room but other than that seems like a nice room.

Good luck

Hi there!

We sailed on the Equinox in January and stayed in 1615 - a very nice Celebrity Suite at the rear of the hump. Below are photos of our huge balcony. It's right next to the Penthouse, which has an ENORMOUS balcony complete with hot tub. Enjoy your vay cay!

22744_1192794583595_1340319963_30447741_7984532_s.jpg

22744_1192794903603_1340319963_30447749_658172_s.jpg

My DH and I have chosen select dining so we can be more flexible on our dining times. Do they use one floor of the MDR for Select or perhaps a half up and down? We will be on the Solstice in August:)!

Archived