Newbie with dumb questions :)

moejoe4

I posted this in the newbie section, but thought I'd cross post here to get more replies :)

Ok, We will be taking the Norwegian Star March 19, 2011. It will be dad (68), mom(60), me (38), and kids ages 3,10,11.

We will be staying in a category A2 Deluxe Owners Suite.

So does the suites on the Star have a fridge? I've tried to research it here, but cannot tell. I'm assuming it does.

I HAVE to have a coke first thing in the morning (like before I blink, lol). Can I bring a 12 pack or something when I board? I've read they offer soda cards, but I like my coke before I move in the morning. I won't be able to go somewhere to get a coke :).

Also what "perks" do the suites offer. Since I have never cruised before I have no idea what to expect in the room. I know about the butler, etc. but what can I expect room wise. ex. I read somewhere about snacks? drinks?

I'm so excited for our cruise. Come on March 2011!

Dana

Sorry to tell you that the soda on board is Pepsi, not Coke - and if you are like me, this is a huge problem! Luckily, you can carry on as much soda as you wish. They say "reasonable amount" but unless you plan on going with a trolley full of soda, I wouldn't worry about that. I think the most I've heard someone bring on was five 12-pack cases - 60 cans would last even ME for much more than a week.

Yes, you will have a butler/concierge. You will be able to eat breakfast and lunch in Cagney's and you will have reserved seating for the shows at night. The butler will leave snacks for you each day and can serve you meals/help you entertain company in your room; the concierge can make reservations at specialty restaurants for you. If you order room service, you can order just about anything from any restaurant. You will also receive priority embarkation/tender tickets, which will come in handy if your cruise has a tender port.

Have a wonderful time!

I posted this in the newbie section, but thought I'd cross post here to get more replies :)

Ok, We will be taking the Norwegian Star March 19, 2011. It will be dad (68), mom(60), me (38), and kids ages 3,10,11.

So does the suites on the Star have a fridge? I've tried to research it here, but cannot tell. I'm assuming it does.

I HAVE to have a coke first thing in the morning (like before I blink, lol). Can I bring a 12 pack or something when I board? I've read they offer soda cards, but I like my coke before I move in the morning. I won't be able to go somewhere to get a coke :).

Also what "perks" do the suites offer. Since I have never cruised before I have no idea what to expect in the room. I know about the butler, etc. but what can I expect room wise. ex. I read somewhere about snacks? drinks?

Dana

Yes the suites do have mini-fridges in them. They are usually stocked as mini-bars. The owners suites (I believe) include sodas, and the butler will keep it stocked for you. You can ask your cabin steward or butler to empty it for you and store your own sodas. No problem brining on your own supply. NCL now offers Pepsi products, so definitely bring on the Coke.

As far as perks go, you will have a butler (can get you almost anything you want) and concierge (makes reservations, and plans things for you). The cabin will have a floral arangement, and a bottle of sparkling wine (champagne) waiting for you. Water and sodas are included, and possibly 3 bottles of alcohol. The concierge will get you priority tender tickets, seperate seating at the shows, priority disembarkation, and a VIP cocktail party. Breakfast and lunch in Cagneys restaurant is included. The butler will deliver snacks each afternoon, and can arrange for dining in your cabin with food from any restaurant (of course you will pay the fee if you order from a specialty restaurant.) I'm sure there are more benefits I can't remember...but I'm sure others will chime in. :)

All in all you will be spoiled by the time you get off the ship.

Sorry to tell you that the soda on board is Pepsi, not Coke - and if you are like me, this is a huge problem! Luckily, you can carry on as much soda as you wish. They say "reasonable amount" but unless you plan on going with a trolley full of soda, I wouldn't worry about that. I think the most I've heard someone bring on was five 12-pack cases - 60 cans would last even ME for much more than a week.

Yes, you will have a butler/concierge. You will be able to eat breakfast and lunch in Cagney's and you will have reserved seating for the shows at night. The butler will leave snacks for you each day and can serve you meals/help you entertain company in your room; the concierge can make reservations at specialty restaurants for you. If you order room service, you can order just about anything from any restaurant. You will also receive priority embarkation/tender tickets, which will come in handy if your cruise has a tender port.

Have a wonderful time!

Thanks! Yes Pepsi will NOT do. Dr. Pepper, yes, but Pepsi yuck.

Thanks for the reply!

Yes the suites do have mini-fridges in them. They are usually stocked as mini-bars. The owners suites (I believe) include sodas, and the butler will keep it stocked for you. You can ask your cabin steward or butler to empty it for you and store your own sodas. No problem brining on your own supply. NCL now offers Pepsi products, so definitely bring on the Coke.

As far as perks go, you will have a butler (can get you almost anything you want) and concierge (makes reservations, and plans things for you). The cabin will have a floral arangement, and a bottle of sparkling wine (champagne) waiting for you. Water and sodas are included, and possibly 3 bottles of alcohol. The concierge will get you priority tender tickets, seperate seating at the shows, priority disembarkation, and a VIP cocktail party. Breakfast and lunch in Cagneys restaurant is included. The butler will deliver snacks each afternoon, and can arrange for dining in your cabin with food from any restaurant (of course you will pay the fee if you order from a specialty restaurant.) I'm sure there are more benefits I can't remember...but I'm sure others will chime in. :)

All in all you will be spoiled by the time you get off the ship.

So the fridge has soda/water already in it? Since they have Pepsi I know it's only Pepsi products (does that include Dr. Pepper? here you get Pepsi and Dr. Pepper both). So are those drinks included with your fare or are they extra?

If they will provide me with Dr. Pepper that will save me bringing anything on board (i'm flying in the next day so I'll have to find somewhere to purchase it before I get on the ship).

Thanks! I can't wait to be spoiled.

So the fridge has soda/water already in it? Since they have Pepsi I know it's only Pepsi products (does that include Dr. Pepper? here you get Pepsi and Dr. Pepper both). So are those drinks included with your fare or are they extra?

If they will provide me with Dr. Pepper that will save me bringing anything on board (i'm flying in the next day so I'll have to find somewhere to purchase it before I get on the ship).

Thanks! I can't wait to be spoiled.

No Dr. Pepper, that I know of. The NCL website lists: Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Sierra Mist, Mt. Dew, Ginger Ale, Tonic water, Club Soda.

Your butler will most likely ask what sodas/water you would like the refrigerator stocked with... They are included in the fare of the owners suite and garden villa guests......everyone else pays for them.

There is a place to buy liquour, wine and soda not far from the Miami airport...just ask your taxi driver and he will get you there. Probably will only add 10 minutes to your trip to the Port if you know what you want.

Has anyone ever brought Gatorade on the ship before and had any issues? My Mom lost a kidney to cancer and Gatorade seems to keep her hydated best, so I want to make sure and have some with for her. Thanks!

Has anyone ever brought Gatorade on the ship before and had any issues? My Mom lost a kidney to cancer and Gatorade seems to keep her hydated best, so I want to make sure and have some with for her. Thanks!

Good idea. Both the boys love Gatorade. May have to grab some of that on the way.

Anyone know???

I'm not sure if you know this already but you can buy powdered gatorade that each packet makes 16.9 ounces of gatorade. The box I have contains 8 powder packets. This would be much easier to carry on than bottled gatorade. Comes in several flavors. All she would need is a bottle to mix it in.

I'm not sure if you know this already but you can buy powdered gatorade that each packet makes 16.9 ounces of gatorade. The box I have contains 8 powder packets. This would be much easier to carry on than bottled gatorade. Comes in several flavors. All she would need is a bottle to mix it in.

Thank you for the tip Peg! I don't believe they make the kind my Mom likes in the powered form but I'm definitely going to check again as that would be so much easier. :)

Dana

Too, if you ask, the Butler will keep milk, cream, tomato juice, or just about any other beverage that you wish in your fridge (at no additional charge!)

Do not be afraid to ask for anything that you want (nicely, of course), if it is not possible, your butler will tell you.

Late at night, he/she will bring you the most wonderful ice cream sundays, if asked.

We always ask that there always be a "bucket of beer" in our suite. We have to pay for the beer, of course, but your butler will make sure that it is there.

Please, though, keep in mind that the butler and the concierge should be tipped at the end of the cruise....but that is another thread, entirely.

Congratulations, you will love the "suite life"!

Archived