SeaTac Airport

Flintstone

We're thinking about staying an extra night in Seattle after we get off the Sapphire on Sunday. But now I worry what SeaTac is like on a Monday morning..say in the 6-8AM range. If it would be a complete zoo...would we be better off taking a noon flight out on Sunday? (Savings of about $240 pp by waiting til Monday). But I know what Detroit airport is like on Monday mornings with business travelers trying to get out. We actually missed our flight one time even arriving 2 hrs early!!

Any ideas on this??

Thanks

Deb

My hubby commuted out of SeaTac this fall flying lots of Monday morninngs. He says it is busy, but with a two hour safety window you would not have any problems. He probably could have made it with only an hour to spare, but two hours is best. I would definately get the lower fare!

• 2 weeks later...

We never know what to expect with Seatac. We have arrived there at 10 a.m. on a weekday and the place is empty - recently flew back through on a Sunday afternoon and it was a zoo. Business mornings can be rough - but Seatac seems to be trying to work things out - there were several instances where they were the top story on the local news because of the hours-long security lines but with the new Concourse A things seem to be easing up. As long as you plan to be there 2 hours ahead of your flight (which you may or may not end up needing), you should be fine. Get yourself a cheap Priceline hotel right near the airport for Sunday night - they are often had for $30 or so.

Archived