Miami Hilton downtown

BobT172

We are considering a cruise from POM later this year. We always fly in a day early and are looking at the Miami Hilton Downtown primarily because we can use Hilton points..

Does anyone have any comments on this hotel? Positive or negative?? Shopping???? Resturants?? It says it is connected to a metro mover...what is that??

We are considering a cruise from POM later this year. We always fly in a day early and are looking at the Miami Hilton Downtown primarily because we can use Hilton points..

Does anyone have any comments on this hotel? Positive or negative?? Shopping???? Resturants?? It says it is connected to a metro mover...what is that??

We stayed at the Hilton MIA Airport and used our HHonors points. We did this because we had a late arrival flight and used the free shuttle to the hotel. It is on a lagoon and the grounds are beautiful. We didn't event notice the airport across from the lagoon unless we made a point to look for it.

Sorry, can't help with the downtown hotel. But the rooms should be nice since it just went through a huge re-model.

We stayed at the Hilton Downtown in February. Great place, awesome view of the port. We walked over to the DoubleTree and had lunch at a little burger place, sort of like a food court. And they had a liquor store also. There is a Burger King and Checkers across the street also.

It didn't appear to be a very safe place to wander around at night, but remember it's Miami, just be smart.

Hotel was great!!

Hi-

In order to calm your fears about downtown Miami in general; The downtown Hilton is located at 16 & Biscayne and I live quite safely down the street at 1st & Biscayne. The area “used” to be somewhat unsafe, but with the development of over 50 high-rise condominium complexes in the area during the past five years, the entire downtown area has improved dramatically and downtown Miami is just as safe as Manhattan. Yeah, you see Rolls Royce’s and the homeless sharing the road in Miami, but that’s what makes our city great. Come to Miami and enjoy yourself !:)

Hi-

In order to calm your fears about downtown Miami in general; The downtown Hilton is located at 16 & Biscayne and I live quite safely down the street at 1st & Biscayne. The area “used” to be somewhat unsafe, but with the development of over 50 high-rise condominium complexes in the area during the past five years, the entire downtown area has improved dramatically and downtown Miami is just as safe as Manhattan. Yeah, you see Rolls Royce’s and the homeless sharing the road in Miami, but that’s what makes our city great. Come to Miami and enjoy yourself !:)

Bodog,

We're staying at the Intercontinental Downtown (stayed there once a few years ago). Can you tell me is there some nearby public tranportation that we can use to reasonably get out to South Beach? I really don't want to book expensive taxi's if we can avoid it.

Since you live there I thought you might be able to provide some advice. Thanks!

We stayed there a couple of years ago before our cruise. The hotel is nice, parking is expensive, breakfast buffet about $25 pp. We had also used HH points for free night, and they did offer free continental breakfast for HH members. It just might have been for then, but you could ask about the continental breakfast.

Bodog,

We're staying at the Intercontinental Downtown (stayed there once a few years ago). Can you tell me is there some nearby public tranportation that we can use to reasonably get out to South Beach? I really don't want to book expensive taxi's if we can avoid it.

Since you live there I thought you might be able to provide some advice. Thanks!

Hi-

Sorry for the delay-

Avoid mass public transit busses in Miami like the plague!

For $ 15 each way, just hop on a cab and it will take you “straight”

( funny word for South Beach ) within 10 minutes.

Have fun !:)

Archived