Hamburg, May 2011, Christmas Stores?

My wife and I will be visiting Hamburg next May on the QM2. We would like to know if there are any stores that sell Christmas items during that time of year. We were going to visit Hamburg a few years back on a "Christmas Markets" cruise but the port visit was canceled due to poor weather. Thanks in advance for you help.

My wife and I will be visiting Hamburg next May on the QM2. We would like to know if there are any stores that sell Christmas items during that time of year. We were going to visit Hamburg a few years back on a "Christmas Markets" cruise but the port visit was canceled due to poor weather. Thanks in advance for you help.

Unfortunately at this time of the year you find it only with Käthe Wohlfahrt (https://shop.wohlfahrt.com/wohlfahrt/pages/?show=geschaefte&pSessionSprachID=1&pFolderFrom=World2004&pWAIdentID=eshop&pWAStufeID=2) but here shops will be all in Southern Germany.

The easiest one to reach would be Nuremberg by high-speed train 4.5 hrs one way or you fly in there.

No joke: you can get 99 EUR-return-Tickets from Lufthansa.

Or you are flying to Frankfurt in 1 hour (tickets one way from 29.00 EUR on Air Berlin or 99 return again on Lufthansa) and spend sometimes in Heidelberg or Rüdesheim in the Central Rhine Valley. Both cities have Käthe Wohlfahrt as well.

There is Hamburg Christmas Store but it looks like that he has only a mail order. You can try to contact them. Maybe they would let you in their warehouse if you explain the situation:

http://www.hamburger-weihnachtskontor.de/shop_content.php/coID/7/content/Kontakt/XTCsid/0ede6d5e40517408e60c077872074020

Good Luck.

Regards

HeinBloed

There is Hamburg Christmas Store but it looks like that he has only a mail order. You can try to contact them. Maybe they would let you in their warehouse if you explain the situation:

Or maybe you can get them to send it to your pre-cruise hotel in Hamburg?

Archived