Home from the Inspiration

spikes

This was our 3rd carnival cruise and thanks to this board I was once again very informed....

We got on the ship late...our flight didnt get us into tampa until 2...so that was a late start to get on the ship..the good news was that there was no lineup getting on the ship...we walked right up to the counter..

the first thing we noticed was that we had late seating...8:30....we had requested early.,.we went straight to see Babu in the Mardi gras dining room...there was a huge linup of people all wanting to switch to early seating...the young waiter controlling the lineup told me that he has never ever seen so many people wanting to get early seating...so I knew our chances would be slim...unfortunately we could get changed..this honestly could have ruined the cruise for me but hubby and I said...o well..this is our vacation..we are not going to let this ruin it....eating so late really did upset my stomach...

we had booked an inside cabin but were surprised that members of our congregation at church had paid the difference to get us an outside cabin.,.that was a thrill for us...

by the time we finished with maitre d' it was 3:20...we quickly ran to the lido deck to grab a bite to eat and then off to the lifeboat drill...

we had a wonderful time....

grand cayman...went to 7 mile beach...we just got off the ship and took a cab down to sea grape beach...had a great time there

cozumel...we took the jeep tour to paradise....awesome day there...

a real treat for us ....at dinner at night..our waiter was Rizilini...we also had him on the Fantasy 2 years ago,,,,he was shocked and said that has never happened to him in 12 years.....that made up for late dinner...the other 2 couples at our table got switched to early seating so hubby and I ate alone every night....i dont know why they didnt put a few tables together..there was a lot of empty seats at late seating..

the ship was FREEZING.....we have sailed twice before and nothing was like this...honestly....people wore long sleeves all the time...sweatshirts....i didnt bring enough warm stuff with me....the days were hot hot hot but the ship was too cold..

anyhoo...thanks again to all who post here...it makes it so much easier to cruise when you have all the inside scoop...

Glad you had a nice vacation on a great ship. It would seem George is no longer the Maitre D in Mardi Gras . . . I thought we heard he was headed to another ship, Holiday perhaps?

We really enjoyed the Inspiration! Your review is making me heartsick for it again. :)

Archived