Pavillion Pool QM2

ANCHOR GUY

I am writing on board ,sailing to Southampton. This afternoon there were 24 Teenagers ,traveling alone..The teens took over the Pavillion Pool.

Diving into the pool,making huge splashes, laughing,loud, holding and embracing each other(as Teens would to unsupervised) They then all jumped into the hot tub,for at least an hour. We were not able to use the pool or the tub all afternoon(Couldn't use outside , since the weather became cloudy and in the low 50s F. we are almost mid Atlantic now.

Point is no one from the Staff supervised and let the kids do take over.

By Chance the Head Pursar walked in the the manager of housekeeping walked in. I asked them about this situation,they said they were unable to do anything since they are over 16 years of age!!!!!I said what about the adult passengers who want to use it? Is it fair to have 24 teens pouring out of the hot tub? Is it a violation of the board of heath?

They stood there stone faced and walked away!! want to pass this on:mad:

I am writing on board ,sailing to Southampton. This afternoon there were 24 Teenagers ,traveling alone..The teens took over the Pavillion Pool.

Diving into the pool,making huge splashes, laughing,loud, holding and embracing each other(as Teens would to unsupervised) They then all jumped into the hot tub,for at least an hour. We were not able to use the pool or the tub all afternoon(Couldn't use outside , since the weather became cloudy and in the low 50s F. we are almost mid Atlantic now.

By Chance the Head Pursar walked in the the manager of housekeeping walked in. I asked them about this situation,they said they were unable to do anything since they are over 16 years of age!!!!!I said what about the adult passengers who want to use it? Is it fair to have 24 teens pouring out of the hot tub? Is it a violation of the board of heath?

It seems odd that nothing was done if they were causing a nuisance to other passengers as, whatever age, that wouldn't be good. However, it sounds like the fact that they were teenagers is pretty superfluous - I've seen groups of older people hog the hot tub as well!

I don't mean this to sound as if it is having a go at you, it is purely a suggestion that may help sort things - but if you discuss it with staff as a case of 'fellow passengers' instead of 'adults versus teenagers' you may find that they will respond to the situation better.

How dare those pesky teen agers encroach on someone's enjoyment of the pool and hot tub. It's as if they had to pay to ride the ship too. My suggestion would be to lighten up and get in the hot tub with them. My guess is that they would soon find other areas to terrorize.

How dare those pesky teen agers encroach on someone's enjoyment of the pool and hot tub. It's as if they had to pay to ride the ship too. My suggestion would be to lighten up and get in the hot tub with them. My guess is that they would soon find other areas to terrorize.

That would certainly have been the way I would have gone about it :D

Another suggestion: If that happens again, pass out these lyrics from Bye Bye Birdie to fellow pool side passengers and have a sing along :)

Kids!

I don't know what's wrong with these kids today!

Kids!

Who can understand anything they say?

Kids!

They a disobedient, disrespectful oafs!

Noisy, crazy, dirty, lazy, loafers!

While we're on the subject:

Kids!

You can talk and talk till your face is blue!

Kids!

But they still just do what they want to do!

Why can't they be like we were,

Perfect in every way?

What's the matter with kids today?

Kids!

I've tried to raise him the best I could

Kids! Kids!

Laughing, singing, dancing, grinning, morons!

And while we're on the subject!

Kids! They are just impossible to control!

Kids! With their awful clothes and their rock an' roll!

Why can't they dance like we did

What's wrong with Sammy Caine?

What's the matter with kids today!

Darn if that wouldn't make for a great video. Wish I were there to film it!

Enjoy your voyage please.

Regards,

Salacia

Thanks for all your advice!!! I would have jumped in but I was out numbered. The strange thing is that The Head Purser ,in her white uniform and the the Housekeeper manager were standing there and made all kind of excuses for them. There is a Pool for Kids on deck 6.

True to lighten up and I have 4 more days to go,lol

I don't often put my head over the parapet but here goes....

As far as I am aware children over the age of two years old pay FULL fare ie the same as anyone else over the age of 18 so they have as much right to use any of the pools/facilities onboard as anyone else.

In some cases the child/teenager will have paid considerable more than some of the adults who also hog the hot tub/reserve sun loungers/seats in the theatre etc etc etc.

I am also unsure as to how teenagers can be travelling alone as it is my understanding that passenger under 18 years are not able to travel unaccompanied.

Probably not what you wanted to hear but true all the same.

Thanks for all your advice!!! I would have jumped in but I was out numbered. The strange thing is that The Head Purser ,in her white uniform and the the Housekeeper manager were standing there and made all kind of excuses for them. There is a Pool for Kids on deck 6.

True to lighten up and I have 4 more days to go,lol

Children are only permitted in 2 pools, the pool on deck 6 and the Pavilion pool. All of the other pools, such as the pool on deck 8, are for "over 18" only.

Of course, since it was too cool to use the outdoor pools, that wouldn't have helped you.

Another suggestion: If that happens again, pass out these lyrics from Bye Bye Birdie to fellow pool side passengers and have a sing along :)

Kids!

I don't know what's wrong with these kids today!

Kids!

Who can understand anything they say?

Kids!

They a disobedient, disrespectful oafs!

Noisy, crazy, dirty, lazy, loafers!

While we're on the subject:

Kids!

You can talk and talk till your face is blue!

Kids!

But they still just do what they want to do!

Why can't they be like we were,

Perfect in every way?

What's the matter with kids today?

Kids!

I've tried to raise him the best I could

Kids! Kids!

Laughing, singing, dancing, grinning, morons!

And while we're on the subject!

Kids! They are just impossible to control!

Kids! With their awful clothes and their rock an' roll!

Why can't they dance like we did

What's wrong with Sammy Caine?

What's the matter with kids today!

Darn if that wouldn't make for a great video. Wish I were there to film it!

Enjoy your voyage please.

Regards,

Salacia

Excellent idea, Salacia! Now, next time I'm in the same predicament as the OP, I'll combine my suggestion with yours. Presto, Unless those teenage rascals are deaf, I'll have the whole pool for myself!

Teenagers? On a Cunarder? Enjoying themselves? Great Scott, what the devil is hapening to this grand old line. In my day sir no-one below the age of 72 was allowed on board and quite right too. Hot tubs? HOT tubs? Pshaw!!!! We didn't get where we are today by wallowing about in HOT tubs. Degenerate nonsense Sir Cold showers Sir, cold showers in full evening dress followed by a stiff chota peg and a dry sherry for the Mem should be racy enough for any gentleman. Harrumph!

Signed

Disgusted Tunbridge Wells.

Cold showers Sir, cold showers in full evening dress followed by a stiff chota peg and a dry sherry for the Mem should be racy enough for any gentleman. Harrumph!

Signed

Disgusted Tunbridge Wells.

Ooh, a new phrase, thanks Gari - had to look it up, but I like it. Next time in the Saddle in Blackpool, I'll give it a go ....

Excellent idea, Salacia! Now, next time I'm in the same predicament as the OP, I'll combine my suggestion with yours. Presto, Unless those teenage rascals are deaf, I'll have the whole pool for myself!

Calliope, if I started singing, I'd have the whole ship to myself! Exepct, of course, for the kennel...

dogs would be my back-up singers :D

Cunard,carnival, hal,celebrity ...It's about cruising , to those who know, and it's about respect for fellow passengers. Teenages should be surpervised by there parents/guardians and of course by the staff on board. CUNARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER..AND \I AM SURPRISED BY THE WAY CUNARD HANDLED THIS SITIUATION.. It's called RESPECT.... Thats life at sea. :)

Cunard,carnival, hal,celebrity ...It's about cruising , to those who know, and it's about respect for fellow passengers. Teenages should be surpervised by there parents/guardians and of course by the staff on board. CUNARD SHOULD KNOW BETTER..AND \I AM SURPRISED BY THE WAY CUNARD HANDLED THIS SITIUATION.. It's called RESPECT.... Thats life at sea. :)

Regarding supervision of teenagers: I believe it depends on their age; thirteen, for example is vastly different from nineteen. Afterall, 18 and 19 year olds can serve in the military, go off to university or even live by themselves and hold down full time employment---all without parental supervision! And I don't think Cunard need function as in loco parentis unless youths are enrolled in one of their programs.

Polite respect, tolerance of others, willingless to have fun and allow others to do the same, combined with a dash of humor: that's my recipe for life at sea (in addition to following all Captain's rules).

I understand you are annoyed, and I'm sorry for what has obviously been a disruption to relaxation. Hope things are improving on your voyage and that you are having an enjoyable time otherwise.:)

Regards,

Salacia

Archived