Baggage Storage at Pier 2 Pre-Cruise?

scrappydoo

Hi, I am sailing on the Pride of America in November. Does anyone know if there is definitely some place I can store my baggage upon arriving at the pier PRIOR to Embarkation at Pier 2? The reason being, I will be arriving first to the ship with luggage, and my travel buddy is going on a tour of Pearl Harbor. So I was planning to bring both our luggage with me first, store it, and hang out around Aloha Tower Marketplace until my friend gets dropped off by her tour directly at the pier (around 4pm)... then we would take our luggage up directly onto the ship, rooms ready and no waiting for luggage to arrive! Is this feasible? I don't mind paying $5/bag. Thanks! :)

Here is an idea - the first thing you do when you get to the pier is give them your luggage (you have to actually enter the terminal to do this but there is a separate line to stand in. it didn't take very long at all to hand over the bags because they have people there to help you). You can do this without having to actually "check in" at the same time. So you could take both sets of luggage and give them to NCL to put on the ship without paying anything! Then you could go do your thing then both of you could meet up and check in then. : )

Hmm, that's an idea... thanks for the thought. But I was thinking, if they had baggage storage for those who disembarked in the morning, would there be a reason why I couldn't use that same storage prior to embarking? (Or is this faulty reasoning? hehee) Actually, I don't know where everything is in the terminal...all I know is that Pier 2 is about a 15min walk away from Aloha Marketplace and the other Pier. I just don't want to be lugging two people's baggae to and fro! And if I can have it so that I don't need to wait for the bags to get to our room later on, even better! heheh =)

We showed up around 11am with our luggage at the pier. We pulled up at the fence before entering the terminal and unloaded our luggage. A porter/baggage handler came over and loaded our bags onto a flatbed cart, I tipped him and we drove away. Later after running errands, we returned the rental car, took the shuttle to the pier, boarded the ship and the luggage was outside our room as promised.

I don't know why you couldn't check your luggage and walk over to the Aloha Towers shopping center.

• 5 weeks later...
We showed up around 11am with our luggage at the pier. We pulled up at the fence before entering the terminal and unloaded our luggage. A porter/baggage handler came over and loaded our bags onto a flatbed cart, I tipped him and we drove away. Later after running errands, we returned the rental car, took the shuttle to the pier, boarded the ship and the luggage was outside our room as promised.

I don't know why you couldn't check your luggage and walk over to the Aloha Towers shopping center.

Hey ddaz - when did you travel? ie. was it recently? I'd like to do the same thing.

Thanks

And if I can have it so that I don't need to wait for the bags to get to our room later on, even better! heheh =)

Unless you carry all your luggage on yourself there is always the chance that it won't be in your cabin when you get there - whether handing it off when you first arrive or later when you board.

If you check your luggage with NCL (and we've done this as early as 11:00am) you can either then check in, or wander about the town, up until 30 minutes prior to sailing.

That being said, you often may no get your luggage delivered to your cabin until late in the afternoon, regardless of when you hand it over to NCL.

This has never been a problem for us, as anything needed immediately (meds, sunscreen, swimsuits, etc...), we pack in our carryon.

If you wish, you can go ahead and check in without your partner, explore and enjoy the ship, have lunch, have a "beverage" or two, and (normally) by 2:00pm your cabin will be ready.

Also...We stayed at the Aston, and they were perfectly willing to hold our luggage even after we had checked out. I would guess that other Hotels might do the same.

Thanks everyone, for your replies...It turns out that my friend decided to switch to the "early morning" tour of Pearl Harbor which picks her up at 6:20am :eek: and will therefore be returning back to the hotel a good few hours earlier than previously expected. So I won't need to be lugging around any luggage for two, after all, as we'll be going straight to the pier and checking in together now. Thanks again for the help!

Archived