Long sleeve shirts?

Andyboy

I was looking out some of my long sleeve smart shirts the other night for our cruise near the end of July and my wife reckons that most people will be wearing short sleeve shirts for dinner, due to the warm mediteranean weather. I would imagine people wear both. Then it got me thinking. Are the restaurants air conditioned? We are on the Oceana. Any tips on what gents wear on the non formal nights? I will be wearing smart trousers obviously, it is just the top half I am not sure about. We are cruise virgins:)

Thanks.

Andy.

We find that many ships keep the temperatures down in the dining rooms and main show lounges.

For that reason, I usually wear long sleeved shirts, and pack one or two cardigans. My wife often carrier a shawl or pashima to dinner, in case she gets a chill.

We haven't been on Oceana, but have been on her sister ship, Sun Princess, and she definitely was chilly in the dining room.

I was on Oceana, all climate controlled. Didn't think it was particularly cold, but then after a few cocktails, you never feel it anyway. Long or short sleeved, choice is yours. My husband tends to wear long shirts at night. Would recommend buying a tux for formal nights (Asda, M&S do really reasonable ones). You will be hooked on cruising once you start, so you will need one anyway!

Thanks for the answers folks. That helps a lot. Got a dinner suit/tux from Slaters. I figured, what the heck, in for a penny! I took a chance that I will probably enjoy this enough to want to do it again!

Cheers.

Andy.

Andy

Isn't Slaters Menswear great? I try and recommend them when I can for a tuxs. They have a great range from £39 - £400 and are very good quality. They will always do adjustments as well like trousers up.waist out etc. See their website for stores.

Semi formals are a jacket or suit by the way. On smart casual nights my hubbie often wears ben sherman type short sleeved shirts with dark trousers.

Archived