Carnival Triumph Wedding Review, 7/05/2010, New Orleans

We are home from our Wedding Cruise. I wanted to write my review as soon as I got home so I wouldn't forget any details!

We were married 5 July on the CArnival Triumph. The morning of the wedding everything went very smoothly getting on the ship. I was greeted by my two coordinators around 1030. She found us unloading the car before we even got to the terminal (guess the Davids Bridal bag gave it away) LOL... Any way, she took us to the desk to check in and kept checking back for any of my guest that might have been running late. Our guest and I probably waited in the a/c terminal about 30 minutes before boarding and she went over the details. I was in my room getting ready by 1115 and that only took about 20 minutes. My MOH kept running to get my champagne from the bar, we were in the room until 1250 and then headed out to the Oxford bar. Our ceremony went quick, only about 10 minutes. We didn't have much of a wedding party, just ring bearer, MOH and BM. It actually gave us a longer reception!

My only complaint about the ceremony is that my music was played wrong. My song for walking down the aisle was played at the end when the guest left the ceremony (they forgot to play a song when we walked out)and vice versa. Actually that wasn't even a big deal. I didn't even notice until I saw the video.

I didn't really get to eat at the reception with the cake cutting, garter toss and so on but everyone raved on how great the reception, drinks, and food was. It was hard for me the bride to get a drink, i had to finally track down a waiter who was serving my guest. Our reception ended promply at 3 and our guest were asked to leave. Our pictures are wonderful and also our video!!! Our photographer was Freddy (i think) and our video guy was from Romania, that is the only thing I remember about him. As far as TWE, I was not too impressed. It wasn't horrible or the best, just no comment. If youi have specific questions, let meknow.

I'm sure I left some stuff out. I will be happy to answer in questions being that there isn't very many reviews for this ship!! I will post a link to my pics next!!

So excited you posted this! I have been looking for recent reviews. Anyways I'm getting married on the Triumph in February. I would love if you could email some pictures as there aren't really available and twe won't send me any! Congratulations:)

Jennifer;)

jennifer_7786@yahoo.com

Edited by jennifer_7786

I am looking at your review because I am trying to talk a relative into doing this... I guess I am out the loop because I dont know what TWE is???

My other question is; would you recommend this or would you do it again?

Anything else you can advise me about or against please let me know.

Thanks,

I am looking at your review because I am trying to talk a relative into doing this... I guess I am out the loop because I dont know what TWE is???

My other question is; would you recommend this or would you do it again?

Anything else you can advise me about or against please let me know.

Thanks,

TWE (The Wedding Experience) is the company that works with CArnival Weddings Department, they are the coordinators that meet you on the ship. I would recommend and would do it again!! We live in NC but I'm from LA so we wanted to do something with the least amount of me flying back and forth for planning. Everything was done over the phone and fax.

Your pictures were absolutely beautiful! Thank you so much for sharing them with me! Makes me feel so much better about what to expect. Now just need to do a few craft projects to finish things off!

Thanks again

Jennifer

Thank you so much!!! I was so worried about that before the wedding. Oh yeah, I was wrong before, our photographer was Jeffrey (a Phillipino guy). See if you can request him from the Carnival Wedding department. I didn't so many favors or crafts. I can tell you that the wedding coordinators will make you assign someone to carry your favors and crafts down to the reception area. That was a little stressful hoping everything made it but it all worked out for the best. The WC will not bring it, just set it up. We had a cake topper (theirs is awful), guest book, USMC and USN Mardi gras beads (we are both military), and some floral frames.

Let me know if you think of any more questiones! I don't mind at all. My email is melodyxavier@yahoo.com. Good luck!! :)

• 6 years later...